Student Assistant - Resident Advisor - Armstrong Campus
Student Assistant - Resident Advisor - Armstrong Campus
Job ID: 221574
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
The Resident Advisor (RA) works as a live-in member of the University Housing Staff on the Armstrong Campus with a group of students in one of the residence halls.
Students cannot hold another on-campus position while employed in this position due to time recording methods. Student employees cannot work more than 1300 hours in a 12-consecutive month period.Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community. All faculty, staff, and students must adhere to the established University System of Georgia policy.
- Assists University Housing, Resident Directors, and Graduate Resident Directors in establishing a positive living environment for the residential students and engages in a variety of constantly changing roles by serving as a helper, advisor, mentor, and resource.
- Due to the nature of the work involved, the RA must be flexible and creative in meeting residents' needs. The position requires a serious time commitment and willingness to be available and accessible to residents at various times of the day/night.
Shift Specifics: 20 hours per week, flexible with class schedule. Scheduled night and weekend work is required
- Must be enrolled in six or more undergraduate credit hours or three or more graduate credit hours at Georgia Southern University and possess a 2.5 GPA
- Must have lived on campus at least two semesters by the start of employment, held a Resident Advisor position at another institution, and/or has significant leadership experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Effective communication (oral and written)
- Developed Organization and human relations skills
Apply Before Date
January 29, 2021
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Must be enrolled in six or more undergraduate credit hours or three or more graduate credit hours at Georgia Southern University
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
2A15001 - Armstrong Housine P3
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=221574&PostingSeq=1