Assistant Director, 4-VA
We are a community committed to preparing students to be educated and enlightened citizens who lead productive and meaningful lives.
To be the national model for the engaged university: engaged with ideas and the world.
Who We Are
Established in 1908, James Madison University is a comprehensive public institution offering undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs to more than 20,000 students. JMU is regarded as one of the finest regional universities in the nation and has been continuously cited in U.S. News and World Report, Changing Times and Money Magazine as an outstanding public university. Located in the heart of Virginia’s beautiful Shenandoah Valley, the city of Harrisonburg is approximately 120 miles from Washington, D.C. and Richmond, VA. Known for its livability, diversity, local food, arts and natural surroundings, this Virginia Main Street community is a great place to live and work.
4-VA is a collaborative partnership between eight Virginia universities that is powered by 4 initiatives. Our mission is to promote collaborations that leverage the strengths of each partner university and improve efficiencies in higher education across the Commonwealth of Virginia. As part of 4-VA at James Madison University, JMU X-Labs was created as a model of education to teach innovation with intention. This is accomplished through transdisciplinary collaboration across the JMU campus and beyond, resulting in academic courses, not for credit workshops, major events, research symposiums, conferences, presentations, and more. The successful candidate will continue to grow the spirit of collaboration across 4-VA at JMU and within the JMU X-Labs program.
#1: Assist 4-VA Director with all aspects of project
administration including fiscal and project reporting to key
#2: Manage collaborative research grant program from call for proposals to post-project assessment and outcomes and support all active faculty grant recipients
#3: Supervise and manage 4-VA and JMU X-Labs full time and part-time employees serving as chief of staff
#4: Develop and maintain relationships across departments, colleges, universities, and agencies to further 4-VA and JMU X-Labs mission
#5: Coordinate 4-VA and JMU X-Labs courses and provide innovative programming for students
Other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate required; Masters preferred
- Project management experience
- Comfort and some experience with basic accounting
- Desire to work on meaningful projects
- Proficient with MS Office, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Video conferencing experience
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to lead small teams and make decisions
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg