Assistant Professor of Computer Science - Tenure Track
Full time, 9-month teaching position. The appointment will begin August 2021.
Duties will include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in computer science and/or cybersecurity and developing new courses depending upon the expertise of the applicant and school needs, conducting research which leads toward peer-reviewed publications and/or externally funded grants, and program accreditation/assessment.
Faculty are expected to assist with departmental and university committee work and service activities, and advising majors.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or Software Engineering by August 2021.
-Research expertise and/or industrial experiences in Cybersecurity or Software Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to teach existing courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Ability to develop a quality research program and secure external funding.
- Commitment to engage in curricular development/assessment at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- A strong commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and continued professional growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates interested in applying for the position must complete the on-line faculty profile for position number 997516 found at https://jobs.ucmo.edu.
Attach to the faculty profile a cover letter that outlines the applicant’s interest, qualifications and experience for the position, a curriculum vitae, a teaching philosophy and research statement, and unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts showing all degrees completed.
Please list on the faculty profile the names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses for three (3) professional references.
Attach as one document to the folder labeled “teaching philosophy” your teaching philosophy and research statement.
Initial screening of applications begins November 30, 2020 and continues until position is filled.
If contacted for an interview, the candidate’s official transcripts and three (3) letters of recommendation will be required.
For more information, contact
Dr. Songlin Tian, Search Committee Chair
School of Computer Science and Mathematics
University of Central Missouri
Warrensburg, MO 64093
For information about the on-line application process contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (660)543-4255.
UCM requires that all faculty applicants complete the on-line faculty profile. All documents requested must be attached to the profile at the time of application. Only completed faculty profiles with attached documents will be accepted for this position.
NOTE: A background check is required for the selected candidate of this position and any job offer is contingent on the results of this check.
The University of Central Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer and specifically invites applications from women, minorities, veteran status and people with disabilities.
UCM is located in Warrensburg, MO, which is 35 miles southeast of the Kansas City metropolitan area. It is a public comprehensive university with about 10,000 students. The School of Computer and Mathematics offers undergraduate and graduate programs in Computer Science, Cybersecurity and Software Engineering with approximately 1000 students. The undergraduate Computer Science and Cybersecurity programs are accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Warrensburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Warrensburg
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Warrensburg
- Other Science & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Warrensburg