Pharmacokinetics, Assistant/Associate Professor
About University of Saint Joseph:
The University of Saint Joseph, founded by the Sisters of Mercy, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population in an inclusive environment that encourages strong ethical values, personal integrity, and a sense of responsibility to the needs of society.
The University has been recognized as a top national university in Connecticut by U.S. News & World Report's Best College Rankings including being the #1 Connecticut University in "Top Performers on Social Mobility," #2 Connecticut University in "Best Value Schools," and #3 Connecticut University in "Best National Universities."
Ideally situated midway between Boston and New York City, the beautiful 84-acre Olmsted-designed campus is one mile from West Hartford's thriving downtown, and provides an array of cultural events, occasions for spiritual development, and fitness and recreational options. The University also has an active presence outside our campus, reaching into the surrounding community through internships, community service projects, new program and partnerships.
At University of Saint Joseph, our mission statement profoundly resonates with our faculty and staff and serves as the foundation upon which our employment policy is built. We seek to attract, develop and retain individuals who are committed to our mission. We are committed to providing an environment where diverse talents, perspectives, experiences and contributions are recognized, and one that promotes the "growth of the whole person" with resources that enable employees to meet professional and personal life needs.
The University of Saint Joseph School of Pharmacy's Doctor of Pharmacy Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, 135 South LaSalle Street, Suite 1400, Chicago, IL 60503, 312.664.3575; FAX 312.664.4652, web site www.acpe-accredit.org.
The University of Saint Joseph School of Pharmacy and Physician Assistant Studies invites applications for a 12-month, tenure track faculty member with a focus on Pharmacokinetics. The faculty member will contribute to the education, research, and service missions of the program, school, and university.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Design and deliver didactic and experiential courses in the areas of pharmacokinetics at the professional and graduate levels.
- Participate in the professional development of the healthcare workforce.
- Engage in collaborative research and scholarly endeavors.
- Demonstrate scholarly activity through an established record of success in publication as applicable for tenure track faculty.
- Lead and enhance academic programs through curricular planning, assessment, and participation on department, school, and university committees.
- Advise and mentor professional pharmacy and graduate students.
- Contribute to service activities that improve health and meet societal needs.
- PhD in the area of pharmacokinetics or related discipline or equivalent research-based earned doctorate from an accredited institution required
- Completion of post-graduate training or equivalent experience in an area related to the desired subspecialty required
- High level of clinical pharmacokinetic expertise
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Commitment to academic and professional excellence
- Experience with and enthusiasm for the use of active teaching and learning strategies
- Demonstrated record of success in collaborative scholarly activities or exceptional promise as a scholar, as applicable to tenure track faculty
- Cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or employee populations
- Commitment to the mission of the University of Saint Joseph
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation
The University of Saint Joseph is building a culturally diverse faculty & staff and strongly encourages applications from women and people of color.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://usj.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=123873. Please submit:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of interest addressing all qualifications for the position; please include salary requirements
- Statement of teaching philosophy and research interests (two pages maximum)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three current professional references (contact information only, there is a section on the employment application to include this information)
- ABD candidates, include a letter from thesis advisor stating anticipated date of completion