Nursing, Assistant/Associate Professor
The University of Saint Joseph invites applications for a Tenure Track Full-time position (9 month) in the Department of Nursing. The successful candidate will be a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner and have a strong background in teaching and scholarship as well as demonstrated clinical expertise. Specific interests and experience in psychiatric mental health nursing and backgrounds in teaching foundation courses such as research, pathophysiology or pharmacology is desirable.
The ideal candidate will use evidence-based best practices in support of the education of future nurses and graduate students. The candidate will contribute to the curriculum and employ classroom, clinical, and online teaching for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Earned doctoral degree in nursing (PhD, EdD or DNP) is preferred.
- In-depth experience with community, residential and acute care environments.
- Licensed or eligible for license by the state of Connecticut as a Registered Nurse and an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of two years of teaching in pre-licensure and graduate nursing programs is preferred with curriculum development.
- Developing or continuing an active program of scholarship
- Cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or employee population
- Commitment to the mission of the University of Saint Joseph
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation
About University of Saint Joseph:
The University of Saint Joseph, founded by the Sisters of Mercy, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population in an inclusive environment that encourages strong ethical values, personal integrity, and a sense of responsibility to the needs of society.
The University has been recognized as a top national university in Connecticut by U.S. News & World Report's Best College Rankings including being the #1 Connecticut University in "Top Performers on Social Mobility," #2 Connecticut University in "Best Value Schools," and #3 Connecticut University in "Best National Universities."
Ideally situated midway between Boston and New York City, the beautiful 84-acre Olmsted-designed campus is one mile from West Hartford's thriving downtown, and provides an array of cultural events, occasions for spiritual development, and fitness and recreational options. The University also has an active presence outside our campus, reaching into the surrounding community through internships, community service projects, new program and partnerships.
At University of Saint Joseph, our mission statement profoundly resonates with our faculty and staff and serves as the foundation upon which our employment policy is built. We seek to attract, develop and retain individuals who are committed to our mission. We are committed to providing an environment where diverse talents, perspectives, experiences and contributions are recognized, and one that promotes the "growth of the whole person" with resources that enable employees to meet professional and personal life needs.
The University of Saint Joseph is building a culturally diverse faculty & staff and strongly encourages applications from women and people of color.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://usj.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=126045. Please submit:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of interest addressing all qualifications for the position; please include salary requirements
- Statement of teaching philosophy and research interests (two pages maximum)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three current professional references (contact information only, there is a section on the employment application to include this information)
- ABD candidates, include a letter from thesis advisor stating anticipated date of completion