Business Analyst-SIS, Information Technology
PRIMARY DUTY: The Business Analyst – SIS (Student Information Systems) will work with the Enterprise Applications team within the Department of Information Technology and other Northwest Missouri University State business offices (Admissions, Registrar, and Financial Assistance) to support Ellucian Banner along with other enterprise applications on campus.
- Work within the Ellucian Banner functional area processes related to Financial Assistance, Admissions, and Registrar academic policies and procedures and provide quality end-user consultation and support
- Serve as a cross-module integration project coordinator to assist in the resolution of cross-module issues
- Advise divisional leadership on policies and procedures to identify new and innovative means to improve the effectiveness of Ellucian Banner modules
- Identify opportunities to get back to baseline Ellucian Banner ERP functionality and eliminate customizations where feasible
- Provide direction to functional users in developing testing methodology during upgrades and patch application and confirm the program meets specifications, obtaining client signoff of efforts
- Troubleshoot issues, create support service requests with Ellucian Action Line to resolve functional issues, and document processes
- Provide functional assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs
- Work with the Manager of Enterprise Applications to ensure that business requirements are met and the delivered on time
- Interact with Ellucian staff and other universities that use the Ellucian software by submitting Ellucian cases, participating in the Ellucian Commons, and monitoring discussion threads and/or listservs
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
Experience: Business Process Analysis and Improvement experience
Skills: Demonstrate strong problem solving skills; be a self-starter with a can-do attitude; excellent customer relationships skills; good communication skills; good verbal and written skills; ability to learn the Degree Works software including stylesheets, modifications, etc.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position will work the normal hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with an hour lunch break. This position may be flexible with the hours worked to include nights and weekends when needed. This position has the capability to work on campus or include remote work.
EQUIPMENT/MATERIALS USED: Computers, Ellucian Banner software, along with their third party integrations
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
COMMUNITY: Northwest Missouri State University is located in Maryville, Missouri, a community of 12,000 with a diverse economy, and a strong industrial base. Maryville is located 45 miles north of St. Joseph, Missouri and 90 miles north of Kansas City, Missouri. For more information visit the website at www.maryville.org.
UNIVERSITY: With an enrollment of more than 7,200 students, Northwest is a coeducational, primarily residential four-year university that offers a broad range of undergraduate and selected graduate programs on its Maryville campus as well as its Northwest-Kansas City location at the Northland Innovation Center and through Northwest Online.
Founded in 1905, Northwest places a high emphasis on profession-based learning to help graduates get a jumpstart on their careers. Students have opportunities to build their résumés with experiences on campus in nearly every area of study, including the Horace Mann Laboratory School, National Public Radio affiliate KXCV, the R.T. Wright Farm, Mozingo Outdoor Education Recreation Area or Knacktive, a student-driven integrated digital marketing communications agency.
The University is a national model for student success and career placement. In addition, 96 percent of Northwest bachelor’s degree earners and 99 percent of master’s degree earners secure employment or continue their education within six months of graduation, according to the most recent data. Zippia, a career website, names Northwest the best college in Missouri for getting a job.
Furthermore, its vibrant and diverse learning community offers more than 150 student organizations, and textbooks and a laptop are included in tuition, which is among the lowest in the nation, saving students an estimated $7,200 over four years. Northwest also offers 1,200 student employment positions, allowing students to build professional skills through its internationally benchmarked student employment program. Designated the Missouri Arboretum, the Northwest campus was named one of the “50 Most Amazing University Botanical Gardens and Arboretums in the U.S.”
For more information about Northwest and its performance, visit www.nwmissouri.edu.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until the position is filled
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
TO APPLY: Please fill out a Northwest application online by clicking http://agency.governmentjobs.com/nwmissouri/default.cfm to reach our employment opportunities listing. You will also need to submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references in order for your application materials to be complete. Please contact the Office of Human Resources at 660-562-1127 or email email@example.com for more