Assistant Director for Diversity & Inclusion
The Assistant Director for Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) will report to the Special Assistant to the Chancellor and work in the New York Medical College (NYMC) Office of D&I. This position supports all of the students on the NYMC Valhalla campus in the School of Medicine (SOM), Touro College of Dental Medicine (TCDM), School of Nursing, School of Health Science and Practice (SHSP) and the Graduate School of Basic Science (GSBS).
The Assistant Director will support the College’s senior leadership team as they develop and implement strategic diversity, equity and inclusion efforts that advance the College’s mission and vision. Under the direction of the leadership of the College, the Assistant Director will collaborate with key College constituencies to deploy initiatives that contribute to the achievement of equity and D&I related goals.
The Assistant Director is also responsible for the following:
- Contribute to the recruitment, retention, and success of underrepresented faculty, staff and students.
- Support the efforts of the NYMC’s faculty and academic leaders to enhance the College’s curriculum as it pertains to equity and D&I.
- Serve as a supportive resource for underrepresented students and student organizations; making sure to make referrals of students at risk as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in a higher education setting related to support of students and faculty. Particular experience in D&I efforts is a plus.
- Experience working with underserved communities is highly desired.
- Candidates with experience with grant submissions and strong clinical and research perspectives preferred.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a collaborative and transparent leadership style, strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with and advise students, student organizations, faculty and staff from all backgrounds and identities.
In addition, the Assistant Director must possess the demonstrated ability to collect and use data to assess the effectiveness of initiatives. Additional requirements include outstanding organizational, problem solving, and program development skills; in-depth, contemporary knowledge of the culture of higher education and the issues of access, inclusion, diversity, equity, belonging and multiculturalism in a higher education setting; and the respect for and understanding of shared governance.
The College is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged.
NYMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valhalla
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valhalla
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valhalla
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valhalla