Chair, Theatre and Dance #202121FAC
Texas State University, a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) located in San Marcos, Texas, invites applications for the position of Chair of the Department of Theatre and Dance to begin Summer 2021. The Chair is the chief executive officer of the Department of Theatre and Dance, responsible to the Dean of the College of Fine Arts and Communication for all matters of budget, programs, and faculty of the department.
The successful candidate is expected to:
• Foster an environment that values shared governance, educational equity, social justice, excellence, collaboration, innovation, diversity, and inclusion;
• Support and promote the continuing growth and development of outstanding academic curricula in undergraduate and graduate programs;
• Provide vision and dynamic leadership for the engagement of faculty, staff, and students in the continued pursuit of excellence;
• Expand resources by working with University Advancement;
• Actively advocate for the department across campus and with constituents outside the University;
• Recruit, retain, and develop a diverse and high-quality faculty by supporting creative/scholarly research, collaborative partnerships, and external funding efforts;
• Manage the administrative affairs of the department, including management of a large and complex budget; and
• Contribute to the continued development and success of the department through leadership in research, teaching, and service.
We seek candidates who share our commitment to educational equity, social justice, and the high-quality education of students from historically underserved and systemically marginalized communities. We are especially interested in applicants whose professional background includes attention to the concerns of race, ethnicity, multilingualism, the immigrant experience, social class, gender, and diversity, broadly defined. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All positions are subject to availability of funds.
- Terminal degree in theatre, dance, film, or related field
- A record of excellence in scholarly/creative activities, teaching, and service that merits appointment with tenure at the rank of associate professor or professor;
- A record of excellence in teaching at the collegiate level;
- Significant knowledge of and interest in the broad spectrum of academic and professional programs in theatre, film, or dance;
- Significant administrative experience with a complex academic unit; and
- A sustained record of promoting inclusive excellence with faculty, staff, and/or students.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets, facilities, and personnel;
- Experience with NAST and/or NASD accreditation;
- Successful experience advocating for resources with internal and external constituents; and
- Record of ability to work effectively and cooperatively with colleagues and administrators.
Applications will be accepted through the Texas State University website at https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34098.
Interested individuals should submit the following:
- A letter of application that includes a detailed and supported explanation of how you meet the qualifications for this position;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- A one-page statement on investment in and commitment to inclusion and diversity;
- A one-page statement of the candidate’s artistic or scholarly/creative focus;
- A one-page statement of administrative philosophy; and
- A list of 3-5 professional references with contact information. (No letters of recommendation are required at this time.)
The confidential review of credentials will continue until the position is filled. For inquiries, please e-mail Dr. Lynn Brinckmeyer, chair of the Search Committee, at email@example.com. Please indicate “Theatre and Dance Chair Position” in the subject line of all correspondence.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Texas State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive
thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals
from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share
our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our
diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Why Work at Texas State?
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Performing Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Administrative Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Academic Affairs Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in San Marcos