Licensed Vocational Nurse II
Competent level vocational nurse who is proficient in managing clinical staff along with delivering patient care in the ambulatory care setting. Oversees a medical triaging team of clinical staff members to ensure patient safety. Assists physicians and registered nurses in the areas of patient care including treatment room examination and procedures, schedules tests and appointments, and records and communicates information to referring physicians.
- Oversee clinical staff within the medical triaging team including coverage of Live Answer, the quality of medical triage, and the productivity of the staff involved.
- Adheres to the scope of practice as defined by the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintains a professional and cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests, and building rapport by participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality and safe patient care and customer service.
- Assists physicians and registered nurses with various medical procedures.
- Administers a variety of tests and medications and takes patients’ vital signs.
- Schedules appointments, tests, and procedures for patients.
- Collects pertinent clinical data to support the RN, APP and/or MD with patient clinical telephone calls, refers and preauthorizes treatment, and provides information to patient.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; stocks and orders treatment room supplies.
- Education Required: High School diploma or G.E.D and graduated from an approved licensed practical nurse/vocational nurse (LPN/LVN).
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Current license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) by the State of Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Basic Life Support certification (BLS).
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.