Manager, Facilities & Construction Operations
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Manager, Facilities and Construction Operations manages resources to provide specific program or service offerings to internal or external stakeholders. This position is responsible for directing all activities related to the Facilities & Construction Department business office and operations including interfacing with System Office departments such as Payroll, HR, General Counsel, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Budget Office, Treasury, and other similar services and departments. Manages and coordinates long-term planning and the day-to-day budget and operations management of Facilities & Construction budgets and projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares operating and project budget drafts, monitors division budgets and reports any deviations from approved budgets
- Oversees department day-to-day operations, including administrative, financial, energy management, and human resources operations as needed
- Oversees Facilities & Construction year-end processes, providing reports and query data to ensure all expenses are processed and cleared
- Oversees accounts payable for Capital, Repair & Replace, and Energy management projects
- Manages and advises on Capital project budgeting, overall transactions, and reconciliations as needed
- Develops and implements administrative “best practices,” responsible for continuous process improvement to ensure efficiency, documentation, and information sharing
- Performs grants budget analysis to ensure associated expenditures are compliant with grant restrictions
- Participates in division leadership activities and system-wide initiatives
- Serve as department financial budgets and expenses subject matter expert, including PeopleSoft Financials, HCM, Hyperion, Project Management Software and EnergyCap
- Responsible for Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP), project insurance verification and vendor communication
- Oversees and directs business office staff
- Prepares a variety of reports regarding department financial progress and projects, makes recommendations for efficiencies and best practices
- Coordinates and compiles department Board Agenda Item details
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of educational institutions, including policies and procedures
- Knowledge of operating systems
- Knowledge of Facilities, Maintenance and Operations
- Strong budgeting, financial administration, financial reporting, and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Expert analytical/critical thinking skills, strong business acumen, and attention to detail
- Comprehensive computer technology skills to include Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of related work experience, with at least 2 years in a manager, or director, level position
- 3 to 5 years of project management experience
- Construction Industry work experience
- Experience with bond construction projects
- Experience working in higher education
- Master’s degree in business administration
Hiring salary range is $74,380 to $113,800.
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Shenandoah