Assistant or Associate Professor of Music Composition
Bilkent University Music Department in the Faculty of Music and Performing Arts invites applications for a full time faculty position in the field of composition with additional expertise in electronic/electroacoustic music. The position will be filled, depending upon qualifications, at a rank commensurate with experience.
Bilkent University, ranked 551 in the QS world rankings, located in suburban Ankara, is a non-profit foundation university supported by its own endowment. It is home to a vibrant international community. Its faculty members come from 40 different countries, and the language of instruction across the university is English. The university offers a generous benefits package including on-campus housing, health insurance, and subsidized private school for faculty members’ dependents in the K-12 levels leading to an IB degree.
- Teach courses in the graduate and undergraduate composition curriculum, including composition, orchestration, music theory, music history, electroacoustic composition and ear training.
- Service on jury exam committees as assigned.
- Administrative duties and service on committees as assigned.
- An active artistic agenda is expected.
- D. or D.M.A. (or an equivalent doctorate degree) in Music.
- Degree requirements expected to be completed by June 30, 2021.
Applicants should upload the following materials no later than December 31, 2020 11:59 pm (GMT+3) at the following link: https://stars.bilkent.edu.tr/staffapp/MUS2021
- Cover letter
- Links to three recent representative works
- Teaching philosophy and statement
- Contact details for at least three referees (candidates may also arrange for their reference letters to be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org).