Coordinator for Student Diversity, Equity, and Belonging
- Contribute to the University's strategic goal of creating an intentionally diverse, inclusive, and equitable learning and working environment.
- Coordinate programs and services within the Efroymson Diversity Center that contribute to student belonging and success.
- Advance BU|BeWell by serving as a resource and advocate for student organizations housed within the Diversity Center.
- Provide culturally relevant leadership development for student organizations.
- Collaborate with student organizations, faculty and other campus offices to develop programming that contributes to dialogue, learning, and understanding of diversity.
- Support programming and leadership development of the Student Government Association Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Board.
- Provide training that advances diversity, equity and inclusion for student leaders and organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The successful candidate should be a collaborative, innovative leader with a fierce commitment to supporting diverse student learners. A master’s degree in student affairs, higher education, or related field is preferred.
The successful candidate will possess the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships
- Experience working directly with students from marginalized and underrepresented backgrounds and identities
- Understanding of college student development and leadership development
- Desire to have a high level of engagement with students
- Creative, innovative, collaborative, glass half full, can-do attitude!
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: November 03, 2020
Applications close: November 20, 2020
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis