4-H Foundation Regional Extension Agent
4-H Foundation Regional Extension Agent
Job Description Summary
Priority Program Area:
4-H and Youth Development
Location: This position will be housed in the Monroe County Extension Office in Monroeville, Alabama
PURPOSE OF POSITION : The purposes of the 4-H Foundation Regional Extension Agent position are to 1) provide leadership, direction, organization, and implementation of a broad based county 4-H program; 2) provide experiential learning opportunities for youth to improve knowledge, develop leadership skills and abilities, gain independence, and engage in personal growth and development in preparing for a positive role in society; and 3) work collaboratively with the County 4-H Teams, other Regional Extension Agents, and State 4-H Team to support county 4-H objectives.
RELATIONSHIPS AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
The 4-H Foundation Regional Extension Agent is a member of the County 4-H Teams in the assigned county (along with the County Extension Coordinator, County Extension Agent, Agent Assistant, and Administrative Support staff) with each team member carrying out specific roles and responsibilities. Each Team’s common purpose is to grow and sustain the county 4-H program in five areas of excellence:
• Forming a unified Alabama 4-H team and program
• Utilizing consistent research-based curriculum resources
• Diversifying delivery modes tailored to today’s youth
• Promoting plan-of-work development and teamwork at all levels
• Aligning staff and position assignments to support program resources and delivery modes
In assigned county, specific 4-H Foundation Agent responsibilities include:
• Provide leadership to development of an annual county 4-H strategic plan that includes a youth demographic report, determines delivery mode application, and sets goals.
• Provide leadership to develop and implement a county annual program plan-of-work that ensures youth ages 9 to 18 have access to 4-H programming through a balance of delivery modes and curricula supported by State 4-H Office.
• Leverage resources by providing leadership and coordination for 4-H volunteer development, including recruitment, selection, orientation, and training.
• Responsible to County 4-H Team for providing expertise and leadership regarding policies, decisions, and directions of county 4-H program in alignment with ACES and Auburn University guidelines and policies.
• Provide leadership to County 4-H Youth Council. Has shared responsibility for County 4-H Advisory Committee with County Extension Coordinator.
• Maintain effective communication and develop networks and partnerships with ACES personnel, and local agencies and organizations to enhance program delivery and evaluation.
• Maintain professional competence through study, participation in professional activities, and the application of knowledge and skills on the job. Provide training to County 4-H Team members and volunteers.
•Identify and pursue resources to enhance local programs; work with County 4-H Teams to attract and use such resources and manage budgets in an appropriate manner.
• Assure compliance with civil rights and affirmative action policies related to serving underserved and underrepresented audiences.
• Evaluates and reports program impacts of at least two programs annually.
• A Bachelor’s degree must be completed prior to beginning the position. Degrees may have been awarded in a number of different areas but must provide a broad understanding of positive youth development.
• Demonstrated leadership skills working with people as individuals and in groups, and ability to forge equitable partnerships with other professionals and organizations to accomplish team goals.
• Understanding of different demographic and socioeconomic audiences, commitment to include diverse voices in program prioritization and planning, and a commitment to developing and delivering inclusive and targeted programming.
• Evidence of success in being a self-starter, working in a self-directed work environment, and having the ability to effectively set priorities and manage time.
• Strong communication skills — writing, listening, public speaking and presenting.
• Computer literacy as demonstrated by evidence of technology use in an educational setting, including, but not limited to program development and delivery, and social media.
• Willingness and ability to travel (including overnight stays) and participate in evening and weekend programs and activities. Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
• A Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field is preferred. The successful incumbent will be required to obtain a master’s degree within five years of successfully completing a probationary period.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Open Until Filled
References required for this position?
If yes, minimum number requested
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting (auemployment.com site)
- Academic Conference
- Agency Referral
- Internal Job Posting
- Personal Referral
- Veterans Assistance Services (Veteran Job Boards, Military Base Services, State Vet Rep, etc.)
- Disability Assistance Services (Disability Job Boards, ABLE Network, Voc-Rehab referral, etc.)
- * Please enter the specifics of the option you selected
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Cooperative & Experiential Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Extension Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn