Postdoctoral Associate - Real-word Data and Microsimulation Modeling (66465)
A postdoctoral associate position is immediately available for highly ambitious, independent, and motivated candidates in the Department Health Outcomes and Biomedical Informatics at University of Florida.
The postdoctoral research associate is expected to work on research projects that utilize real-word data, such as those in electronic health records (EHRs) and administrative claims, for patient cohort discovery, health outcomes assessment, and more.
The positions will be one year appointment with funding available for 2 years (second year appointment is based on performance on the first year). For more information about the department, please visit: https://hobi.med.ufl.edu .
- Have a Ph.D. in related fields. Research experience in real-word data and microsimulation modeling are desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Have at least two first-author papers.
- Be extremely good at programming and have experience in data science.
- Experience with EHR and claims data is a plus.
- Be able to successfully interact with diverse stakeholders, including clinicians, basic scientists, and translational researchers.
Applicants should include the following documents with application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter explaining interest and experience related to the position.
- List of three professional references with contact information
The Search Committee will accept applications until the position is filled. Applications will be reviewed starting as soon as possible after the posting date.
Selected candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approval by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://naces.org/ .
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Gainesville