AV Support Specialist
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is currently seeking an experienced audio visual technician to join our support team on the Daytona Beach Campus. If you have a passion for audio visual technology, love to run high-quality live events, and have an innovative spirit, then we have a place for you on our team! As an AV Support Specialist, you should have exceptional customer service and in-depth knowledge of audio visual equipment including Crestron control, JBL, Crown, and BSS Harman audio equipment. Experience with Dante bridges, Crestron programming, and advanced audio/video tuning is plus. We have a diverse audio visual environment that includes, classrooms, conference rooms, an executive boardroom, digital signage including three video walls, a digital sound booth in our auditorium, and two large multi-functional event spaces.
Working for Embry-Riddle Information Technology provides access to on-site amenities and a flexible summer work schedule. Employees have access to a robust benefit package – from quality health care and retirement options to generous education benefits.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, operation, training, and support of audio-visual equipment in classrooms, conference rooms, and event spaces. This includes, but is not limited to, web conferencing, digital signage, audio/video control systems, sound systems, lighting systems, cameras, and all associated cabling and wiring. Responsible for the maintenance and operation of the auditorium and equipment booth which is used for large events. Work with customers to understand their technology needs. Coordinate with vendors and off-site venues to provide audio visual services for university events. Attends meetings, participates in committees, or project planning sessions related to audio-visual support. Work could involve support at conferences both onsite and offsite and after normal business hours. Work with other IT professionals to ensure minimum impact to IT Services and infrastructure services.
- Responsible for the planning and scheduling of events requiring audio-visual technology. Responsible for training and supervision of student AV technicians. Plans, schedules, and executes work requests with minimal supervision. Keeps abreast of technology trends, especially those trends relating to the use of audio-visual technology in an educational environment.
- Maintains open communication with campus constituents to better understand their technology requirements and issues. Promote effective communications of needs to University Information Technology groups.
- Attends meetings and briefings related to AV support. Participate in committees and task forces as assigned. Collaborate with University and other Campus Information Technology departments in the development of strategic and tactical plans.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Qualified candidate will have at least three years of prior AV experience
- Excellent audio-visual skills with experience using sound boards, lighting control systems, and supporting live events.
- Experience with audio visual control systems such as Crestron, Extron or AMX including installation, configuration, and programming. Crestron Experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve audio-visual issues.
- Ability to supervise, coach, and mentor less experienced audio-visual technicians and students.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate with various levels of personnel to understand the problem and complete written documentation that is geared appropriately to the audience.
- Maintains a professional, positive image.
- Ability to apply project management processes and tools to IT Projects and adjust based on project complexity and scope.
- Ability to tactfully handle difficult situations and ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to multi task and adjust priorities based on new work assigned.
- Work independently and with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrates initiative and professional judgment when completing work.
- Assists in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future AV equipment and university technology needs.
- Ability to support IT Core Values by focusing on improvements,
believing in our team and partners throughout the university,
learning from mistakes, being accountable for actions and showing
determination, focus and tenacity.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Media Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach