Program Coordinator, Machen Florida Opportunity Scholars Program
Program Coordinator, Student Affairs
The Program Coordinator described herein assists in planning and implementing programs that promote the personal, social, and professional development of all Machen Florida Opportunity Scholars. The successful candidate will organize scholar workshops and activities related to required and optional scholar programming while prioritizing and allocating tasks and resources to meet the programs’ needs. The Program Coordinator will coordinate outreach to scholars and communicate frequently with scholars in danger of academic probation or loss of scholarship. This position will track all scholar interactions and prepare reports to guide student outreach ensuring all new scholars have a minimum of 6 touch points with the program during their first year. Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to supporting first-generation college students on a large campus is highly preferred. This position will work under general supervision with the freedom to determine how best to meet the needs of the office.
- Design, develop, and oversee programs and engagement events for Machen Florida Opportunity Scholars to maintain and improve retention and student success outcomes. This includes event planning, logistical support, and creatively working with campus partners.
- Communicate regularly with MFOS scholars during in-person meetings, virtual, phone, and email platforms. Appropriately refer scholars to additional resources on campus such as the Counseling and Wellness Center, Student Financial Affairs, and/or Multicultural and Diversity Affairs.
- Track student interaction using the Gator 360/Salesforce system and outreach to scholars who have not been in regular communication with the MFOS team.
- Coordinate programs and events that include Machen Florida Opportunity Scholar alumni such as virtual engagement events and opportunities to network with current scholars.
- Prepare requested reports that demonstrate scholar engagement and contact points. Coordinate outreach to scholars who are at a high risk for academic probation and/or loss of scholarship.
- Disseminate information regarding scholarship policies and requirements via email and other mechanisms such as social media.
- Other duties as assigned.
$45,000 - $47,500
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in higher education providing direct service to students, working with first generation and/or low-income students, their parents/families, faculty, and staff.
- Knowledge of the first-generation student experience before, during, and after college is preferred as well as experience with working with underserved students in a postsecondary institution is also preferred. Additionally, a working knowledge of financial aid is also preferable.
- Demonstrated proactive, collaborative, timely, effective, and compassionate work style. The successful candidate will work well with a team as well as autonomously. Incumbent should have strong cross-cultural skills.
Monday – Friday – 8:00am – 5:00pm (Occasional evenings and weekends for specific programmatic functions.)
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US.
This is a time-limited position.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge