Administrative Assistant (College of Behavioral and Social Sciences)
Job Title Administrative Assistant (College of Behavioral and Social Sciences) Posting Number S845P Classification Title
Under general supervision, provides administrative, project, and executive support to the office of the Dean of the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences. May provide specialist services in the areas of public and community relations, faculty affairs, general business administration, and/or student affairs, depending upon the functional area supported.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and institutions; coordinates and attends committee meetings.
2. Performs research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine letters and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
3. Manages Dean’s calendar and independently schedules appointments.
4. Answers and screens Dean’s telephone calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible.
5. Arranges programs, events, or conferences by arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordination speakers, and controlling event budget.
6. Assists the Dean on specific projects related to the long-term goals of the university, such as strategic planning, fiscal responsibility, etc.
7. Composes and maintains confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents, including student files.
8. Assists the Dean with the maintenance of all contracts/agreements with outside vendors.
9. Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings, as needed.
10. Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations.
11. Coordinator for Adjunct Pool, including interview scheduling.
12. Directs Web contributions for CBU / CBSS Website.
13. Serves as main receptionist for faculty, students and visitors to the office.
14. Compiles updated budget information, processes weekly requisition and summary sheets.
15. Primary point of contact, scheduler and coordinator for Dean’s Community Advisory Council and the CBSS donors.
16. Performs other duties that are specific to the Department and Division.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability require.
Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Must be highly organized who is able to remain calm in a fast-paced, environment.
Attention to detail and ability to follow-through with projects a must.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 11/03/2020 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6152 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside