Project Director for TRIO Student Support Services (Regular/STEM)
Job Posting Title Project Director for TRIO Student Support Services (Regular/STEM) Location Los Rios Community College District (Cosumnes River College) Department Location Posting Number AE00376P The Institution
Cosumnes River College ( CRC ) values diversity, focuses on creativity and personal enrichment, and empowers students to reach their full potential as informed and productive members of the community. CRC is a leader in innovative ideas and sustainable values. One of the four colleges of the Los Rios Community College District, Cosumnes River College seeks candidates who are knowledgeable about the impact of implicit bias in teaching and learning, and who implement culturally responsive teaching techniques and effective practices for engaging students.
Serving south Sacramento County and Elk Grove since 1970, CRC’s main campus and its Elk Grove center provide a dynamic learning environment for more than 14,000 ethnically and racially diverse students. One of the top 10 most diverse 2-year public colleges in the nation (noted in the Almanac of Higher Education, Fall 2015), CRC is a student-centered, open-access community college dedicated to preparing students for an ever-changing future.
CRC awards Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, Associate degrees for Transfer, Career Education certificates, and transfer credit for students who intend to continue their education at a four- year college or university. Our 200+ programs include automotive technology, radio, television and film, allied heath, veterinary technology, and architecture and design technology, among others.
With a focus on improving completion outcomes for all students, programs like Umoja, the Puente project, and DIOP Scholars, and Native American Higher Ed Resources, look to increase the number of Latinx, African-American, and Native American students who complete a degree, certificate and/or transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Student support services and programs including CARE, EOPS, Enriched Scholars, and First Year Experience enhance the ability of all students to complete college. CRC is recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution ( HSI ) and as an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution ( AANAPISI ).
CRC strives to be an exemplary and innovative community college that empowers students and employees to strengthen the cultural, social, economic, and environmental well-being of their communities.
Under the general direction of the area Dean(s), the Project Director for TRIO Student Support Services ( SSS ) Regular/ STEM will ensure the development of quality educational programming for the TRIO Student Support Services (Regular) serving 140 students and TRIO Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics ( STEM ) for 120 student participants. The Project Director will provide support services in a manner consistant with college policies, the objectives and standards of the U.S. Department of Education guidelines for ( TRIO SSS ), and federal regulations governing grant programs. The Project Director for TRIO SSS Regular/ STEM is responsible for the development, marketing, implementation, and administration of a comprehensive academic support program to increase the retention and graduation rates of eligible participants (low income or first-generation students, or students with disabilities and academic need, including students from STEM identified majors).The Project Director for TRIO SSS (Regular/ STEM ) works with college staff, faculty, research analysts, instructional and student services areas, and college administrators to ensure the success of students participating in the program.
The department maintains a focus on:
● Cultural awareness, support for diversity, the free exchange of ideas, and the development of a culturally competent and inclusive college community.
● Knowledge of trends and challenges facing community college students.
● Academic support and retention program design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
● Adherence to federal financial aid processes and use of grant resources.
● Outreach, recruitment, and retention of post-secondary, and non-traditional students.
● Commitment to the recruitment and retention of student groups, including low income, first-generation students, and students with disabilities, to achieve their academic and educational goals at Cosumnes River College.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
PROJECT OVERSIGHT :
● Overseeing and managing the coordination and planning of required program activities and events.
● Planning, implementing, and maintaining the budget for the TRIO / SSS Programs in consultation with the area dean and Vice President of Student Services.
● Overseeing the recruitment and selection of project participants.
● Overseeing TRIO SSS Program facilities within a space shared with other student services and instructional programs.
● Tracking student contacts to monitor services required, and providing follow-up throughout the student success matriculation process.
● Monitoring the progress of students; and coordinating activities designed to assist students entering the program to successfully pursue their educational goals.
● Monitoring student files and case management.
● Overseeing qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis and program evaluation.
● Ensuring participant record-keeping is in compliance with federal confidentiality and privacy regulations.
LEADERSHIP / COORDINATION :
● Coordinating activities designed to promote program recruitment efforts.
● Coordinating academic and student support assistance programs.
● Coordinating program components for student success with application, orientation, assessment/placements, and monitoring the academic progress of student participants.
● Chairing organizational meetings and representing the program by serving on College committees.
● Managing all administrative, budgetary, contracting, compliance, and reporting aspects for Cosumnes River College and the Los Rios Community College District in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education.
● Identifying and implementing best administrative and budget practices of the Los Rios Community College District.
● Developing, authorizing, and monitoring expenditures and program budget in conjunction with, and subject to, review and approval by the area Dean.
● Making recommendations to assist the college in fulfilling its obligation to students.
● Explaining college and program policies and procedures.
● Leading program marketing and public relations activities, articulating the purpose and intent of the TRIO / SSS Programs in the community and across the District.
● Providing information and resource referrals for students.
● Developing marketing and promotional materials for the TRIO / SSS Programs.
● Serving as a resource person to staff, students, and community.
● Evaluating the needs, interests, and academic achievements of program participants.
COLLABORATION / TEAM BUILDING :
● Informing students, staff, and community about the TRIO / SSS programs.
● Developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with instructional areas, college staff, outreach centers, feeder high schools, neighboring colleges, and community resource agencies.
● Fostering effective high school/college relations.
PROJECT DOCUMENTATION / DELIVERABLES :
● Producing budget modifications and budget reports as required by the U.S. Department of Education.
● Collaborating with the U.S. Department of Education Program Officer to ensure grant compliance.
● Producing communications, written reports, and presentations to various campus and community groups about the implementation and success of the TRIO SSS Grant Programs.
● Providing data for institutional research.
● Performing follow-up studies and evaluations of program services.
● Developing and coordinating the implementation of objectives to accomplish operational plans and program goals in full compliance with all applicable federal regulations and requirements.
● Interpreting Federal regulations and program requirements.
● Preparing reports and developing program goals.
TRAINING / STAFF DEVELOPMENT :
● Developing, organizing, and supervising program related workshops, forums, activities, and events.
● Participating in ongoing professional development by attending appropriate conferences, workshops, and training sessions.
● Conducting orientation sessions for prospective student participants.
● Hiring, training and supervising full-time and part-time professional and student employees.
● Performing other duties as assigned.
Work Year 12 month Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day Special Requirements
Experience and familiarity with TRIO Federally Funded Grant Programs.
1. Have a master’s degree* from an accredited institution completed by December 1, 2020.
2. Have one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
*Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college. To review the minimum qualifications for faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators’ in California Community Colleges which can be found on our website at https://jobs.losrios.edu/; select “Los Rios Jobs”, then “Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators”.
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Administrative Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (indicating completed or conferred date)
3. Resume or curriculum vitae
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university.
Posting Date 11/03/2020 Closing Date 12/01/2020 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-time, Categorically Funded,* Educational Administrative Position
Beginning on or about December 1, 2020 through August 31, 2021.
*Categorically Funded Position: This position is contingent on continued funding and satisfactory work performances; may be extended, on an annual basis, to future fiscal years.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Quicklink http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/14639 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Employee Request for Transfer Form
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento