University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Science
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $55,429
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The postdoctoral researcher will contribute to the NSF-EPSCoR GEM3 program (www.idahogem3.org/) aimed at understanding how genetic diversity and phenotypic plasticity affect species responses to environmental change, focusing on two taxa: redband trout and sagebrush. These taxa are integral to ecosystems in the American West and central to land-use management decisions that drive the regional economy. The selected candidate will build quantitative genetics models of the genetic and plastic basis of phenotypic traits in these taxa and their role in adaptive capacity and population responses to changing environmental conditions.
• Education: Ph.D. by the time of appointment in biological sciences, mathematical biology, or a related discipline;
• Experience with population genetics or quantitative genetics demonstrated by publications in the field.
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
• Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills;
• Experience with mathematical modeling and computer programing is desirable.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002522P
Posting Date: 07/08/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position open until closed, first review date of August 3, 2020.
Please upload letter of qualification stating how you meet all required qualifications and any applicable preferred qualifications.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.