Bursar Services Coordinator
Bursar Services Coordinator
Job No: 496629
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Finance / Business Support
The Bursar Services Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the accounts receivable function in the Bursar Services area of the Finance Office. This position reports to the Bursar Services Manager and will work closely with other members of the Finance Office team as needed. This is a full-time, benefits eligible, non-exempt position.
- Responsible for all transactions flowing into the accounts
receivable database including monitoring for compliance with rules
and regulations of various governmental organizations, such as
PHEAA and the U.S. Department of Education.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the accounts receivable
function, including, but not limited to: preparing and running
monthly billing invoices; processing receipts, disbursements,
correspondence, and returns of various federal and other
alternative loans; performing reconciliations; running population
selections and various letter and email generation; and providing
guidance and information to students and families on payment or
financing of University fees.
- Assist the Bursar Services Manager with the collection of past
- Serve as liaison to various areas on campus that interact with
- Maintain the day-to-day transactions within the staff loan
- Provide back-up support for the Federal Perkins Loan
- Act as backup to Bursar Services Manager in daily cash
management and act as backup cashier and journal entry processor
- Responsible for maintaining and processing summer housing
billing and credits.
- Manage the day-to-day activity and relationships with the
monthly payment plan vendor.
- Alternate with other members of the Bursar Services team in
making daily deposits to the University's local banking branch
accompanied by Public Safety.
- Assist campus-wide users with the University's accounts
receivable ERP system.
- Assist with the testing and documentation of the various
software systems within the Bursar Services area.
- Actively support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Support the Finance Office in other areas as appropriate and
other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in accounting, finance, business information
systems or related field
- Five years' of similar experience in a bursar or equivalent
- Knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures,
including accounts receivable and collections
- Familiarity with governmental guidelines relating to financial
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and
demonstrated ability to learn new technology, software, and
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate
effectively with a broad range of constituents in both written and
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with
- Appreciation for and understanding of a mission oriented
University including a focus on exemplary customer service and the
ability to work within a collaborative environment with
- Experience working in higher education or other non-profit
- Experience working in Banner Student and/or Workday
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496629/bursar-services-coordinator