ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN II - BUILDING AUTOMATION
ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN II - BUILDING AUTOMATION
Posting Number: SRGV4725
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Campus Facilities Operations
Scope of Job:
To provide mid-level technical skills in the construction, installation, operation and maintenance of electrical / electronic building automation systems (BAS) with knowledge in HVAC, electronic, and/or fire alarm related systems and equipment.
Description of Duties:
• Installs and performs preventive maintenance on building automation systems that monitor and control HVAC, fire alarm, and lighting systems .
• Documents all scheduled actions performed to comply with compliance rules, regulations, and best management practices applicable to the design, installation, and operation of building automation systems.
• Monitors and calibrates building automation systems.
• Independently troubleshoots, replaces, and repairs building equipment such as sensors, dampers, actuators, automation panels, controls,variable speed drives.
• Works in conjunction with facilities management, safety, and staff to ensure proper operation of HVAC equipment for optimum safety, security, indoor air quality, and comfort level.
• Responds 24/7 to emergencies involving building automation systems.
• Communicates with others in order to gain an understanding of specific needs and/or provides technical advice.
• Based on area of assignment, may be required to collect and analyze building automation system data, equipment schedules, and historical logs to ensure more efficient operation of pertinent equipment and analyze computer generated and phoned-in facility related problems, prioritizes and coordinates proper responses.
• Other duties as assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
High school graduation or equivalent. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Vocational training in HVAC, electronic equipment repair, or related technical field.
If applicable, ability to obtain NICET certification in Fire Alarm systems within six months of hire.
• Three (3) years experience in electrical/electronic equipment/building automation/fire alarm related equipment, systems analysis, maintenance, repair, or installation, or
• One (1) year of the required experience with an Associate’s degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school.
Knowledge and skill in the use of test equipment, meters, generators, and all equipment used in the hvac, electronics, electrical, automation controls or and fire alarm trade. Use of personal computer and standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Industrial, office and educational environment. Some travel and weekend work is required. Work involves occasionally having to respond to emergencies on a 24/7 basis. Will be occasionally exposed to outside environments such as hot, dry, wet or cold.
Some work is in restricted spaces with exposure to dust. Some duties and working conditions may create bodily strain and discomfort. Duties may involve the lifting and moving of heavy objects, stooping, crawling, climbing, reaching, and other activities requiring physical exertion. Danger of falls, electrical shock and burns are hazards and condition inherent to the trade or assignment. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical. Position requires the use of personal protective equipment in the form of safety shoes, safety glasses and protective eyewear.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 10/29/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26313