Assistant Professor of Professional Practice - Athletic Training
- Current certification and good standing with the Board of Certification (BOC) as an athletic trainer for a minimum of five years.
- Current athletic training licensure in the State of Louisiana by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners (LSBME) or obtain LSBME licensure prior to start date.
- Minimum two years of professional clinical practice experience in a direct patient care.
- Record of contemporary expertise commensurate with clinical experience and education that demonstrates a strong potential for teaching graduate classes in primary care medicine, orthopedics, healthcare administration/informatics, medical diagnostics, and/or therapeutic rehabilitation.
- Proven leadership ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Proven record of professional service or possess a strong potential for service to the University and the athletic training profession.
- Knowledge and understanding of CAATE Standards for Professional Programs.
- Doctoral degree in kinesiology or a related field by August 2021 (A.B.D. candidates will be considered if doctoral degree is earned before start date).
- Five years or more professional clinical practice experience involving direct patient care.
- Experience in or played major role in the implementation of innovative instruction involving high-fidelity patient simulations and telemedicine.
- Experience as a preceptor or instructional faculty of a CAATE-accredited program.
- Teaching graduate courses in the Master of Science in Athletic Training
- Provide support instruction in lectures and laboratories including evaluation of students’ clinical competencies
- Providing mentoring and advisement to graduate athletic training students
- Coordinate and supervise field work
- Student recruitment
- Contributing service at the school, college and university levels and within his/her professional pathways
- other responsibilities as assigned.
Applications should include a letter of application that details how the applicant’s experience and interests meet the requirements and responsibilities of the position; a current curriculum vitae; copies of all professional certifications and licenses, and contact information for three references. Applicants should submit materials to the HRM website. Questions about the position may be directed to the search committee chair, Ray Castle, PhD, LAT, ATC, NREMT (RCASTL1@lsu.edu).