Dean of the E. Craig Wall College of Business Administration
Coastal Carolina University is a public comprehensive liberal arts institution located in Conway, South Carolina, just nine miles from the Atlantic coastal resort city of Myrtle Beach. Coastal Carolina University enrolls over 10,000 students from 45 states and 58 nations. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the baccalaureate and selective master’s degrees of national and/or regional significance in the arts and sciences, business, humanities, education, and health and human services, a specialist degree in educational leadership, and Ph.D. degrees in Marine Science and Education. The Wall College of Business is accredited by AACSB International.
Coastal Carolina University invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the E. Craig Wall Sr. College of Business Administration. The University seeks an individual with proven leadership experience who will develop a vision for the future of the Wall College, engage in program growth, build new partnerships and collaborations, and promote and implement the university’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Reporting to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean is administratively responsible for planning, organizing, budgeting, coordinating, directing and evaluating the instructional, research, scholarly, and service activities of the College.
The Dean is also expected to take an active leadership role in
recruiting and retaining faculty, staff, and students, and to
represent the needs and interests of the College to the University
and the greater community. It is anticipated that the new Dean will
begin responsibilities July 1, 2021.
The Wall College of Business has 72 full-time faculty and 12 full-time staff members. It is organized into four academic departments: Accounting; Finance and Economics; Management and Decision Sciences; and Marketing and Hospitality, Resort, and Tourism. The Wall College offers six undergraduate majors, eight minors, accelerated degree programs, two graduate degrees, and two graduate certificate programs. The PGA Golf Management program is one of 18 programs accredited by the Professional Golfers Association of America. The College also houses several Centers and Institutes, including The Clay Brittain Jr. Center for Resort Tourism, The Community and Business Engagement (CoBE) Institute, The Each 1 Teach 1 Institute, The Grant Center for Real Estate and Economics, and The Wall Center for Excellence and the Wall Fellows program.
· An earned doctorate or appropriate terminal degree, preferably from an AACSB accredited institution, with academic qualifications that merit appointment as a tenured full professor in an academic discipline represented within the College.
- At least five years of progressive responsibility with achievements in administrative positions, including Department Chair, Center Director and/or Associate Dean, preferably at an AACSB accredited institution;
- Ability to provide vision and leadership to the College;
- Experience with complex problem-solving, budgeting, personnel issues, program development, and fundraising;
- Commitment and proven ability to recruit and retain a diverse faculty and staff and to foster a community that values cultural, ethnic, and racial inclusivity and intercultural engagement;
- Experience overseeing faculty and staff hiring, development, retention, promotion and evaluation processes;
- Commitment to support the ongoing professional development of faculty and staff colleagues in an equitable manner;
- Ability to promote and advance the University’s teacher-scholar faculty model in a student-centered environment, and the ability to advocate for and mediate the diverse aspirations and needs of faculty, staff, and students;
- Experience in and commitment to developing innovative academic programs and delivery methods that advance and support the mission of the University and College;
- Adherence to the University and College policies of shared governance;
- Record of successful fundraising and experience in increasing external gifts;
- Ability to foster productive partnerships and connections between the College and the surrounding community, including cultural, social, educational, and economic development, as well as alumni and local/regional/national business partnerships;
- Ability to foster and manage positive change in a dynamic environment and to listen and communicate well, engage in effective conflict resolution, inspire and motivate others, and build collaborative teams.
How to apply
Application submissions should include a statement addressing the characteristics described above, a comprehensive resume/CV and the names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of at least five (5) references, including at least one from a direct report and one from a supervisor. Application materials should be submitted electronically at: www.coastal.edu/hreo. Applications received by December 4, 2020, will receive full consideration. Screening and evaluation of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Letters of nomination and requests for further information may be sent electronically to Claudia Bornholdt, Chair of the Search Committee, at email@example.com. For further information on this position and the Wall College of Business Administration, please visit: https://www.coastal.edu/business .
Coastal Carolina University is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
Coastal Carolina University is an EO/AA employer.