Social Work, Assistant Professor
The University of Saint Joseph invites applications for a 9 month, full-time, tenure-track faculty positions in our highly regarded Master in Social Work (MSW) Program to begin in August 2021. Both the BSW and MSW programs are CSWE-accredited and are housed in the Department of Social Work and Equitable Community Practice in the School of Interdisciplinary Health and Science.
We seek a creative, innovative, and collaborative faculty member with a commitment to advancing social justice and social work practice. Qualified applicants will demonstrate strong teaching and research skills; the ability to engage collaboratively with the department and community colleagues; experience in developing relationships and networks with culturally diverse communities; and the ability to forge partnerships with a variety of organizations and the ability to mentor and develop social work students.
- An MSW and an earned doctorate in social work or closely related field.
- 2 or more years of post-MSW social work practice experience
- Higher education teaching experience
- Practice and research experience in clinical social work
- Record of engaged research and practice with culturally diverse communities
- Familiarity with evidence-based practice models and community-engaged research
- For the MSW position, preferred expertise in one or more areas of MSW Program specializations: health and mental health; children and family services; veterans' services
- Eligibility for clinical social work licensure preferred
- Cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or employee population
- Commitment to the mission of the University of Saint Joseph
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation
About University of Saint Joseph:
The University of Saint Joseph, founded by the Sisters of Mercy, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population in an inclusive environment that encourages strong ethical values, personal integrity, and a sense of responsibility to the needs of society.
The University has been recognized as a top national university in Connecticut by U.S. News & World Report's Best College Rankings including being the #1 Connecticut University in "Top Performers on Social Mobility," #2 Connecticut University in "Best Value Schools," and #3 Connecticut University in "Best National Universities."
Ideally situated midway between Boston and New York City, the beautiful 84-acre Olmsted-designed campus is one mile from West Hartford's thriving downtown, and provides an array of cultural events, occasions for spiritual development, and fitness and recreational options. The University also has an active presence outside our campus, reaching into the surrounding community through internships, community service projects, new program and partnerships.
At University of Saint Joseph, our mission statement profoundly resonates with our faculty and staff and serves as the foundation upon which our employment policy is built. We seek to attract, develop and retain individuals who are committed to our mission. We are committed to providing an environment where diverse talents, perspectives, experiences and contributions are recognized, and one that promotes the "growth of the whole person" with resources that enable employees to meet professional and personal life needs.
The University of Saint Joseph is building a culturally diverse faculty & staff and strongly encourages applications from women and people of color.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online at https://usj.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=126052. Please submit:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of interest addressing all qualifications for the position; please include salary requirements
- Statement of teaching philosophy and research interests (two pages maximum)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three current professional references (contact information only, there is a section on the employment application to include this information)
- ABD candidates, include a letter from thesis advisor stating anticipated date of completion
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hartford
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hartford
- Social Work & Human Services Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hartford