Chief Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Officer
Diversity is a core value at Thaddeus Stevens College. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty. The Chief Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Officer will work as a member of the leadership team, reporting to the President, and will work across the College—actively engaging students, staff, and faculty—to foster behaviors, attitudes, and policies that support diversity, equity, and inclusion. The CDEIO is a proven leader with a depth of knowledge on diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies and practices. Supporting leadership, the CDEIO will drive a strategic path towards the College’s vision of advancing a community that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. The CDEIO will foster excellence-and-equity across all dimensions of the College’s philosophy, mission, core values, policies and procedures.
- Master’s degree and/or 5+ years of relevant DEI focused experience, including leadership and facilitation experience in an academic setting;
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication; bilingual preferred;
- Listens well and can easily facilitate group discussions/teaching/training modules;
- Excels at building supportive relationships and networks within the College and the wider community;
- Takes initiative in establishing new procedures and solutions to problems;
- Eagerness to lead with passion, adopt a tenacious work ethic, and exhibit a bias toward action;
- Exhibits impeccable integrity, maturity and maintains a good sense of humor, demonstrates emotional stability and flexibility, comfortable in public settings, exercises discretion and good judgment in handling confidential information; and
- Supportive of the mission, vision and values of Thaddeus Stevens College.
- Advises President and leadership team on diversity, equity, inclusion and affirmative action matters. Collaborates with the colleagues to create, implement and monitor programs designed to ensure fair and equitable treatment of students, faculty and staff;
- A member of leadership team who guides the development and implementation of DEI strategic plan that aligns with the College’s strategic plan to create a learning and working environment where all have an opportunity to succeed;
- Work closely with Office of Assessment and Accountability to establish and measure performance outcomes;
- Promote a culture of inclusion where individuals from all racial and ethnic identities, ages, religions, nationalities, social and economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, and physical and mental abilities are able to thrive and be engaged;
- Responsible for facilitating the refinement and focus of current Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) strategies to help ensure greater alignment throughout the College, and the position will also be responsible for recommending new strategies to advance the College’s DEI work;
- Supports campus DEI Committee, engages faculty, staff, and students to build a welcoming and inclusive culture at the College;
- Partner with other leaders, internal and external, to enhance and accelerate the College’s DEI work;
- Champions the importance and value of a diverse and inclusive college environment and advances diversity as a critical component of social, academic, and intellectual life at the College;
- Responsible for the implementation and coordination of training and development programs that promote an equitable workforce;
- Promotes environments and develops relationships that foster safe conversations, trust, and respect within the college;
- Participates in the development of evaluation tools and outcome metrics to assess strategic areas of focus within diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Oversees the assessment of the college DEI climate; uses results to inform improvements in programs, policies and interventions;
- Provides strategic leadership in the development of policy and service delivery models that intentionally advance the college’s diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Collaborate with the college community to facilitate the enhancement of the learning and working environment where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed and play a significant role in developing plans and training programs to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion in our programs, policies, and culture; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Application materials must include a cover letter, a current resume, and academic transcripts. Send applications to Heather Burky, Attention Chief Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Officer, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, 750 East King Street, Lancaster, PA 17602 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon submission and postings will remain open until the positions are filled.
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is a residential, two-year technical college that serves economically disadvantaged as well as tuition-paying students. The college prepares students for skilled employment in a diverse, ever-changing workforce and for full, effective participation as citizens of the community, the Commonwealth, and the nation. Committed for over a century to lifelong learning, inclusiveness, and community outreach, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology dedicates itself to the development of Pennsylvania's technical workforce.
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. For information about the college, visit our web site at www.stevenscollege.edu.
Apply for Chief Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly