Assistant Professor - Political Science (Public Administration)
The Department of Political Science seeks applicants for a tenure track faculty position in the department’s Public Administration program. The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching courses in the candidate’s area of expertise, maintaining scholarly productivity, and participating in service at the department, college, and university levels. All Valdosta State University faculty share the responsibility of teaching courses at multiple levels as needed in their respective disciplines. Appointment date is August 1, 2021.
The successful candidate will be a Public Administration scholar with expertise in at least two or more of the following areas: City Management, State and Local Government, Urban Planning, and Public Budgeting. The successful candidate will also have the expertise to serve on dissertation committees, mentor graduate students, and contribute to NASPAA accreditation work.
Valdosta State University is proud to have a highly diverse student body, and we are seeking to recruit and retain outstanding candidates who exhibit a clear commitment to diversity and inclusion and who will enhance the diversity of our faculty and staff.
For more information, please contact Dr. Joseph Robbins, Head, Department of Political Science via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teach a 4/4 load during the academic year (Fall and Spring semesters) consisting of both online and in-person modalities; conduct scholarship; provide service to the department, college, university, community, and discipline; serve on dissertation committees; and mentor graduate students.
- Ph.D. degree in Public Administration or Political Science at time of appointment;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, as well as scholarship;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- A record of effective teaching appropriate to the applicant’s career stage;
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting;
- A record of mentoring students of diverse backgrounds;
- A record of grant writing and/or applied research with local or state governments.
Online application is required and should be submitted by January 6, 2021.
VSU’s Department of Political Science, housed in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, is home to dynamic educators, accomplished researchers, and professionally engaged faculty. The department offers high-quality undergraduate programs in Political Science, Organizational Leadership, as well as M.A. and D.P.A. programs in Public Administration. The Political Science program offers courses in such areas as political behavior, comparative politics, American government, Constitutional law, global affairs, and foreign policy. For more information visit https://www.valdosta.edu/polsci/.
Valdosta State University, founded in 1906 and elevated to university status in 1993, is a regional comprehensive university located on a gorgeous 168-acre campus of palm trees, vast green lawns, Spanish mission style architecture and an award-winning design. The university serves a student enrollment of approximately 11,200 from all states within the US and hosts over 300 international students from more than 76 countries. Located in the city of Valdosta, a very family-friendly area with new housing developments, modest living costs, excellent public and private schools, a vibrant music and arts scene, and a 170-acre theme park, Wild Adventures. The city is served by the Valdosta Regional Airport and is home to Moody Air Force Base. It is located just north of the Florida state line on Interstate 75 and is within a two-hour drive of Jacksonville and Tallahassee, Florida and a three-hour drive of Atlanta, Georgia. For more information, visit https://www.valdosta.edu. For more information on the community visit https://www.valdostachamber.com.
VSU is an Equal Opportunity educational institution and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and inclusion. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to minorities and individuals with disabilities. Valdosta State University has a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, and veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Public Administration & Policy Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Political Science & International Relations Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta