Research Technician II
Performs the routine elements of research work that requires the use of skills, technical and academic knowledge to follow established procedures and record results.
- Prepare weekly reports of research progress for the PI, discuss research results in group meetings, help prepare figures and write text for papers and grants.
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Communicate research results.
- Collect and analyze data.
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary.
- Summarize interviews.
- Provide ready access to all experimental data for the faculty researcher and/or supervisor.
- Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project.
- Manage and respond to project related email.
- Prepare, maintain, and update website materials.
- Attend project meetings.
- Attend area seminars and other meetings as necessary.
- Summarize project results.
- Prepare progress reports for the PI and funding agency.
- Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations.
- Monitor the project budget.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Experience in qRT-PCR and cloning;
- Experience in RNA or DNA sequencing;
- Experience with Drosophila transgenesis is a plus.
- Experience in carrying out dissections under a stereomicroscope and intracellular electrophysiological recordings are desirable.
- An interest in applying for graduate school.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston