Coordinator, Business Operations
This individual provides administrative and clerical support to the Department of Surgery at Ben Taub Hospital and specifically to three trauma surgeons, one of whom is the BT Physician Trauma Director. Collecting, producing, and distributing resident and faculty call schedules and producing the weekly operative report are among the chief responsibilities of this position, as well as processing purchasing orders, managing travel, maintaining calendars, and composing correspondence. Excellent organizational and computer skills are required.
- Provide administrative support to General Surgery Residents and Faculty
- Compose a weekly surgery protocol in Microsoft Access for Green, Thoracic, Vascular and Acute Care Surgery for the Morbidity and Mortality Conference
- Distribute weekly protocol reports for the Morbidity and Mortality Conference to General Surgery Chief Residents to proofread/edit
- Retrieve and tabulate General Surgery/Emergency Center statistical data for weekly Morbidity & Mortality report.
- Edit the weekly surgery protocol for final distribution and prepare handouts
- Distribute Corrected Protocol to the Chief of Staff office
- Compile data for the distribution of monthly call schedules:
- Coordinate the agenda of Ben Taub Guidelines & Research Meeting (provided by chair of meeting)
- Process check request in SAP/Concur
- Process travel reimbursements in SAP/Concur
- Create, maintain and organize credentialing privileges to faculty
- Maintain licensing renewals and membership renewals
- Compose and monitor department budget for faculty o Schedule meetings, appointments and maintains calendar
- Process purchase orders in SRM
- Maintain Weekly Trauma MM Case Log
- Prepare and maintain Trauma Team PPE List
- Maintains Trauma Team PPE Roster in the Box
- Assist Faculty with CV maintenance Generic
- Education Required: High School diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.