Program Manager - Commonwealth Cyber Institute, Southwest Virginia
The Program Manager for the Commonwealth Cyber Initiative (CCI) Southwest Virginia will coordinate activities of the Southwest Virginia node of the Commonwealth Cyber Initiative. Activities include coordinating research projects, soliciting proposals, coordinating the placement of research assistants, working to place interns, coordinating undergraduate research projects and cyber competitions, organizing events and workshops, processing paperwork, overseeing administrative functions related to node projects, assisting the principal investigator with budget functions, and promoting activities of the node to outside parties. The position works closely with employees from regional institutions in the node to coordinate these activities.
• Masters degree in Business Administration, Management or other business-related or cybersecurity field, or Bachelor's with significant training and experience in lieu of the advanced degree.
• Proven experience in project management
• Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively and interact professionally with a diverse set of constituent groups, including potential students, corporate partners, government agencies, university administrators, and community college representatives
• Excellent communication skills, including public speaking, all forms of correspondence, and writing
• Must demonstrate an ability to set and manage multiple priorities, tasks, and deadlines simultaneously
• Experience planning and/or supporting planning of, large meetings and events
• Experience working with budgets or other financial related materials
• Proficiency in office suite tools such as work processing, spreadsheets, and presentations
• Education, certifications, training in, or experience with, cybersecurity field
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Experience with CRM solutions such as SalesForce
Commensurate with experience
November 23, 2020
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Sue Kass at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: November 2, 2020
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Grants & Contracts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg