University Code 24224 University Title Senior Data Analyst 1 University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Database Analyst Position Number 555210 Position Type Staff Job Status FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Family Medicine & Population Health Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Design and maintain databases for several ongoing projects in the Department of Family Medicine and Population health. Data sources will include electronic medical records, personal health records, online and paper surveys, the Virginia All Payer Claims Data, American Community Survey data, and other sources. Work with informatics staff in a range of primary care practices, health systems, and collaborating organizations to import and securely store data. Maintain privacy and confidentiality protocols for handling data. Generate data summaries and databases for further analysis by department statisticians. Develop, modify, and test programs that query and summarize departmental data. Write and maintain documentation of department databases. Work in a collaborative environment with an interdisciplinary team. Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technologies, health informatics, or a related field.
• Demonstrated knowledge of relational database software, specifically Microsoft SQL Server
• Ability to create and maintain large relational databases based on elements from electronic health records and claims data
• Proficiency in SAS or another programming language to write code which queries, categorizes, and summarizes data for further analysis by statisticians
• Demonstrated organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Established ability to work in multi-disciplinary group
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Master’s degree or other post-bachelorette training in computer science, information technologies, health informatics, or a related field.
• Working knowledge of at least one statistical computing platform, such as SAS or R
• Experience with accessing public data sources such as the American Community Survey, Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, licensure data, etc
• Expertise in visual data presentation
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $55,000 - $75,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 hours Normal Work Days/Hours Monday - Friday Job Open Date 11/02/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Information Technology Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101466 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in computer science,
business, information technology and/or a related field?
- * Describe your work experience with relational databases and
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe your skills and experience in analysis of
data and databases, particularly related to developing and testing
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you managed data from electronic health records or
claims data, particularly with respect to diagnosis codes,
treatment codes, and medication lists?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond