Department Business Administrator - (STA006611)
Manages the administrative, financial, budgetary, and human resources operations of a large and very complex university department. Oversees the administration and operations of a number of research grants, service centers and institutes for the department.
- Manages and oversees the department's financial accounting system which includes all cost centers for federal grants and contracts.
- Reviews and approves the reconciliation of accounting records. Prepares financial and budget reports to monitor financial activity.
- Ensures compliance with all UH internal audit requirements, UH Office of Contracts and Grants policies and procedures, and the State of Texas policies and federal rules and regulations.
- Responsible for all administrative and financial affairs of the department including personnel, procurement, travel documentation, accounts payable and receivable and general accounting-related issues.
- Provides supervision of departmental staff and includes defining job duties, setting performance development plans and goals, conducting annual performance reviews and assisting with the implementation of organizational and operational decisions. Enforces safety compliance rules and regulations.
- Serves as liaison for the chair, faculty and staff with other university departments and offices.
- Facilitates regular staff meetings to provide information and training, promote professional effectiveness, and to review current practices and procedures.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston