Administrative Officer (Earliest start date January 2021)
Posting Number AS176P Position Title Administrative Officer (Earliest start date January 2021) Contract Length 12 months Class Summary
Manages and executes administrative, project, and executive support activities associated with the office of a division or equivalent component of the College. Serves as principle point of administrative contact and liaison with internal and external constituencies. Provides specialized administrative services as appropriate in such areas as fiscal management; public/community relations; and general business administration.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Exempt Staff Employment Status Full Time Position Funding Type Regular
An Associate degree with a minimum of 3 hours of financial accounting and at least 3 years of administrative or accounting experience required.
A Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting and 5 or more years of executive administrative experience preferred.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
• Records maintenance skills
• Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
• Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
• Knowledge of office management principles and procedures
• Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
• Use of Excel, Word
• Organizing and coordinating skills
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
• Knowledge of general accounting principles
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of QuickBooks
• Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague
• Texas Notary
1. Provides assistance and support in problem solving, project planning and management, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
2. Oversees and facilitates resources management and administration procedures and documentation for the division.
3. Performs research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine letters and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
4. Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office of the VPFA which include, monitoring emails and calendar management.
5. Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and institutions on operational and programmatic matters concerning the Office.
6. Oversees the operation of office accounts and monitors expenditures; as appropriate, develops and/or coordinates budgets for the office and associated accounts.
7. Provides and/or oversees provision of staff support to the office, to include handling walk-up and phone interactions, maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence, handling day-to-day problems and situations, and provision of secretarial support.
8. Provides assistance in the understanding and interpretation of College policies and procedures, as appropriate, and ensures that office operations are in compliance with policy provisions and standards.
9. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Minimum Salary Range $51,973 Mid Point Salary Range . Maximum Salary Range $70,164 Posting Open Date 10/28/2020 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Please NOTE : All applications must contain complete job histories, which include job title, dates of employment (month/year), name of employer, supervisors name and phone numbers and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be considered incomplete. Applications with “See attached” or “See resume” will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application. Omission of data can be the basis for disqualification; you may state “unknown” for any incomplete fields. A scanned copy of unofficial transcript(s) must be attached to the online application (if applicable).
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2336 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a minimum of an An Associate degree with at least
3 hours of financial accounting and 3 years of administrative
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Business Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City