Manufacturing Lab Assistant I (Grant-Funded) CFRN10567BTEC
Directly responsible for the efficient operation and utilization of all Manufacturing Technology facilities including laboratories and classrooms. Assist the coordinator in promotion of the program to the community and the Technology industry.
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting, installation, repair and calibration of equipment including Inspection Equipment, 3D Printers, CNC Lathes, CNC Mills, CNC Lasers, CNC Water Jet and Manual equipment for the Automated Manufacturing Systems, Drafting and Design, Manufacturing Technology and Manufacturing Engineering Technology programs.
- Coordinate and supervise space and materials utilization to accommodate students, staff and other COD departments.
- Maintain the inventory of equipment and laboratory material and supplies.
- Maintain appropriate records on repairs and supplies.
- Work independently and with the program coordinator, instructors and students when needed.
- Maintain laboratory computers and software.
- Set up demonstration apparatus for specific classes.
- Specify and initiate request for new equipment and trainers.
- Develop and enforce laboratory procedures, safety rules for instructors and students.
- Consult with all staff and faculty in the use of laboratory space, materials and supplies.
- Train staff, student aides and volunteers.
- Plan, assist and administer special events.
- Manage laboratory equipment expense.
- Assist Program Coordinator with inventory and other decisions regarding lab facilities, lab policies, lab procedures, research information as needed.
- Initiate vendor proposals and obtain quotes for equipment and supplies.
- Conduct laboratory tours and seminars.
- Deliver and pick up equipment at factory repair centers when major break downs occur.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required. 2 years Manufacturing related
experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
required. Proficient in written and spoken English
- Associates degree in a Technology related field preferred.
Work in an manufacturing laboratory environment.
May be on call occasionally on weeknights.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
This position requires a pre-employment background check, physical, and drug screen at the expense of the college.