University of Idaho
Division/College: College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.69 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position is responsible for the financial management of the Department of Curriculum & Instruction (C&I) and Leadership & Counseling (L&C) in the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences, as well as the oversight and management of all state and contract budgets. Duties include: supporting the financial/administrative operation of the department by overseeing and handling all financial documents and accounting processes; handling financial problems and issues; ensuring effective customer service with outside entities; researching and providing information on rules and regulations; ensuring the accurate and timely handling of documents, reports and internal processes related to finances; managing, monitoring and maintaining all fiscal records for various budgets; processing expenses and maintaining fiscal records on the Banner system. This position will provide financial support services by performing functions of billing and depositing income, maintaining accounts receivable, invoice processing, purchasing and travel claims; reconciling and resolving processing problems; providing monthly budget reporting and financial analysis to departments and acting as resource for faculty, staff and students for interpretation and implementation of university, college and departmental finance policies, rules and procedures.
• High school diploma or GED
• At least two years of work related experience.
• Experience editing and writing business correspondence using proper grammar and punctuation as demonstrated in application materials.
• Experience with financial record keeping methods.
• Experience researching and compiling financial information and preparing summaries and reports, and using personal computers to enter, retrieve, and edit financial data.
• Experience using an electronic accounting application or system; analyzing and interpreting financial information; explaining complex information such as policies and procedures; independently solving problems/performing liaison activities in a work setting; researching accounting systems and records to identify and correct errors in financial transactions; developing financial reports; making financial projections; using bookkeeping methods and procedures to prepare spreadsheets, standardize summaries and reports, and perform reconciliation.
• Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent combination of experience and or education.
• Greater than three years of work-related experience.
• Familiarity with university programs including Banner, financial procedures and systems, HRS procedures, PeopleAdmin, and Courseleaf.
• Experience working in a university environment providing secretarial and/or administrative support.
• Good computer skills with Microsoft Word or WordPerfect, Excel, and Access or similar programs; database experience.
• Able to work on one’s own initiative, being self-motivated, as well as willingness to contribute to team effort to achieve goals of programs and office.
• Ability to work in a professional manner in a busy atmosphere while providing excellent customer service.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002630P
Posting Date: 10/30/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to those who apply by November 16, 2020.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.