Grants and Contracts Manager
University of Idaho
Grants and Contracts Manager
Division/College: College of Natural Resources
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $68,674 per year or more depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
This position will provide oversight and comprehensive financial management of grants, contracts, sponsored projects and other external funding activity for the College of Natural Resources (CNR), and will report to the CNR Chief Operations Officer. Other duties include: functioning independently to analyze proposals, grants, and contracts including making revisions to budgets to ensure compliance to all internal and external polices, rules and guidelines; performing a variety of financial, budgetary and personnel functions to effectively administer external funding for CNR including oversight of expenditures, project reporting to funding entities, and award closeout; supporting CNR initiatives to increase external funding awards and compliance by supporting students, faculty, and staff participating in sponsored projects; serving as the primary liaison between CNR and the University Office of Sponsored Programs and functioning as part of a team providing financial services in CNR.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and 5 years of experience with federal, state and sponsored project funding, including experience with financial management and compliance.
- Experience with interpreting, applying and explaining complex regulations or procedures.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting financial information; maintaining accounting systems; budget development and monitoring; and reconciling accounts, particularly in a higher education setting.
- Experience in grant administration, including proposal development.
- Master’s Degree in a related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills; ability to work with a high level of accuracy with acute attention to detail; and meet required deadlines.
- Knowledge of University of Idaho policies and procedures as they related to financial policies and procedures.
- Experience with financial databases, management and reporting systems such as Banner Finance, Argos, VERAS and other office management software such as Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and within team settings as needed.
- Willingness to travel and/or work nights/weekends.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Posting Number: SP002445P
Posting Date: 03/23/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position is open until filled with a priority application review date of November 17, 2020.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.