Regular Faculty - Assistant Professor in Nutrition
University of Idaho
Regular Faculty - Assistant Professor in Nutrition & Dietetics
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $66,315.60 commensurate with market & experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The University of Idaho seeks a nutrition researcher and educator to join the diverse and interdisciplinary faculty in the Margaret Ritchie School of Family and Consumer Sciences.
The position is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track position with 50% teaching & advising; 45% scholarship & creative activities; and 5% university service & leadership expectations. This position is closely aligned with the School's coordinated dietetics program and the successful candidate will interact closely with students and faculty in both nutrition and dietetics as well as the School's other disciplines (human development and family studies, early childhood development and education, apparel/textiles/design). In addition, he/she will be expected to advise undergraduate and graduate students; develop an externally funded, internationally recognized research program focused on human nutrition and/or dietetics; and provide service to the university, region, state, and appropriate professional organizations.
The University of Idaho, founded in 1889, serves over 11,000 students, has nine Research and Extension centers, and supports Extension offices in 42 counties. As one of the nation's land-grant research universities, the University of Idaho is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. In addition to offering a wide range of collaborative opportunities and the availability of multiple world-class core laboratories and other shared facilities, the idyllic University of Idaho campus is co-located throughout the beautiful and rugged state of Idaho. The main campus is based in Moscow, a growing and lively community with all the benefits and opportunities typically available in a college town, such as excellent public and private schools, restaurants, and free public transportation as well as a plethora of diverse sports, world-class outdoor activities, and performing and visual arts offerings. This position will be based on the historic and charming Moscow campus.
• Doctorate in human nutrition, nutritional physiology, or related discipline. ABD applicants must have degree requirements completed at time of hire.
• Registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN certification) and willingness to obtain an Idaho dietetics license within 6 months of being hired.
• Evidence of ability to obtain internal and/or external funding.
• Experience conducting funded research.
• Excellent written communication skills, as evidenced in the application materials.
• Expertise and/or interest in conducting interdisciplinary work with other faculty in the Margaret Ritchie School of Family and Consumer Sciences as well as others at the University of Idaho.
• Classroom teaching experience at the college or university level.
• Experience mentoring students.
• Experience working on teams.
• Experience with distance education methodologies.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000835P
Posting Date: 02/12/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by October 1, 2020 will receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, please write a letter of qualification addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed. In addition, your application materials must include a CV, names & contact information for at least three (3) professional references, unofficial transcripts, a statement of research and a statement of teaching.
For questions, please contact:
Hydee Becker, MS, RD, LD
Margaret Ritchie School of Family and Consumer Sciences
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.