Business and Management Faculty (Specializing in Law and Business Law)
VinUniversity is the first private, not-for-profit Vietnamese university established based on international standards by Vingroup. The university integrates the models of excellent international universities with the unique cultural and economic characteristics of Vietnam, in order to make a breakthrough in Vietnamese higher education and to become a world-class University. VinUniversity has two overarching goals: to excel in teaching and training; and to produce graduates and researchers that contribute to the development of key economic sectors of Vietnam.
The formation of the VinUniversity is actualized through the collaboration of Vingroup with Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. While Cornell University provides academic consulting on Management, Engineering, and Technology; UPenn focuses on the Health Sciences disciplines. Both Cornell University and University of Pennsylvania are distinguished Ivy League institutions based in the United States of America. Cornell University is involved in every aspect of the development of VinUniversity from infrastructure and campus planning to curriculum development and faculty recruiting. Cornell’s SC Johnson College of Business is providing extensive academic advisement in a variety of areas, drawing from a wealth of faculty expertise at multiple colleges and units at Cornell University. UPenn’s medical and nursing schools are functioning in a similar fashion to guide the formation of health sciences education at VinUniversity and to interface with Vinmec, Vingroup’s outstanding health system, which currently encompasses 7 hospitals throughout Vietnam. VinUniversity aims to meet the QS 5-star rating standards and will include the following colleges within the University: College of Business and Management; College of Engineering and Computer Science; and College of Health Sciences. VinUniversity aims to educate and train outstanding, knowledgeable, and passionate individuals to improve themselves and societal conditions, inspire the current and next generations, and make lasting positive impacts on global development.
Vingroup, formerly known as Technocom Corporation, was founded in 1993 in Ukraine. In the early 2000s, Vingroup started in Vietnam with two key brands: Vincom and Vinpearl. In January 2012, Vinpearl JSC merged with Vincom JSC to form Vingroup Joint Stock Company. Vingroup is one of the biggest private conglomerate in Asia with a net value of 5.5 billion USD (2019) and a market capitalization value of around $16 billion USD. As a multi-sector corporation, Vingroup is one of the leading private enterprises in Vietnam, operating in eight core business areas, including real estate, retail, hospitality, education, agriculture, healthcare, heavy industry (starting with automobile manufacturing), and smart technology. On aligning with its mission of creating a better life for the Vietnam people, in 2016, education and healthcare have become not-for-profit value-based systems. In 2019, Vingroup was recognized among the “Top 50 Most Valuable Brands in Vietnam” (by Brand Finance magazine).
Mr. Pham Nhat Vuong, the founder and chairman of Vingroup, is a visionary and true patriot of Vietnam with a firm belief that education is the single biggest catalyst that can transform the destiny of an individual, a society, and a nation. His aspiration is to create a breakthrough in the Vietnamese education sector and to groom the next generation of leaders in the 21st century and beyond for Vietnam.
THE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT
Through excellence in academics, research, and innovation, the College of Business & Management (CBM) aims to nurture and develop competent business professionals, leaders, and entrepreneurs with integrity who are critical thinkers and aspire to move Vietnam to a respectful position in the world.
For the first academic year 2020-2021, the College will offer 3-degree programs: Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management, and Bachelor of Real Estate. With our AACSB compliance Cornell University certified curricula, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty members, modern pedagogical approaches, and infrastructure at the forefront of technology, we will prepare our students to become a leader and innovator with an entrepreneurial mindset, employed by top employers or self-employed.
With a vision to become a research-focused college, the College of Business and Management will also offer different graduate programs and provide the best research environment for our faculty members to conduct world-class research and pursue advances in business. Moreover, with the advantage of being in the ecosystem of Vingroup with a number of technology companies such as Vinpearl, Vinhomes, Vinmart/Vinmar+, VinFast, VinTech, and Vincom Retail, the College will cooperate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough technology & business products and solutions.
The College of Business and Management at VinUniversity is recruiting entrepreneurial-minded and innovative faculty members at all ranks: Distinguished Professor, Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Senior Lecturer in the fields of Law and Business Law
The College of Business and Management faculty members will be responsible for major responsibilities of teaching, research, and service. The workload allocation will be based on faculty ranking and faculty track in alignment with international standards and practices.
- Prepare detailed course syllabi and instructional materials of assigned courses based on the Course outlines provided.
- Teach assigned courses including lectures, homework assignments, labs, projects and student assessment.
- Supervise or assist with supervision of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Carry out research and produce quality publications, patents, or other research outputs.
- Obtain competitive research funding support.
- Participate in conferences and seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the college.
- Engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities in development, innovation, entrepreneurship, technology transfer, and commercialization initiatives.
- Contribute to the development, planning, and implementation of high-quality, accredited curricula.
- Provide academic advice and support to students.
- Participate in the administration of the college programs of study and other activities as requested.
- Contribute to college and VinUni-wide working groups or committees as requested.
A number of selected Senior Lecturers will be sent to Cornell University or other top universities for a professional development program to prepare for qualifying as Assistant Professors.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Have a doctorate degree in related fields from established prestigious universities.
- Have a strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programs.
- Have experience in experiential teaching methods such as TBL (Team-based Learning), PBL (Project-based Learning), ABL (Action-based Learning) and simulation…
- Master a coherent, progressive and creative thinking; to have a spirit and passion for education; to demonstrate distinction and/or promise in research, innovation and other creative work; to be able to take prompt actions with determination and be ready to take on new challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
VinUniversity will provide support for your research and professional development as follows:
- Annual research and professional development support budget
- Potential to be Visiting/adjunct faculty collaboration with Cornell University activities
- Student Research/Teaching Assistants in upcoming graduate programs
- Potential tenure contracts after initial probation and promotion periods
- Potential collaboration with many industry partners within Vingroup ecosystem and in the region
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Accommodation: VinUniversity will provide accommodation benefits in the compensation package and assist with accommodation options.
- Working permit: VinUniversity will assist in establishing the paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, working permit, ID, driver license, insurance, etc.)
- Child education: VinUniversity will assist in finding an excellent school for your children. There is a child education allowance if your children study at Vinschool.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter, (3) a teaching and research statement and other relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
VNExpress >> https://vnexpress.net/dai-hoc-vinuni-khai-giang-nam-hoc-dau-tien-4178096.html" href="https://vnexpress.net/dai-hoc-vinuni-khai-giang-nam-hoc-dau-tien-4178096.html" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">VinUniversity's First Convocation Day
Forbes Vietnam >> https://forbesvietnam.com.vn/tin-cap-nhat/vinuni-khai-giang-nam-hoc-dau-tien-20202021-13473.html" href="https://forbesvietnam.com.vn/tin-cap-nhat/vinuni-khai-giang-nam-hoc-dau-tien-20202021-13473.html" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">VinUniversity's First Convocation Day
Vietnamnews >> https://vietnamnews.vn/brand-info/793575/vinuniversity-inaugurates-its-first-academic-year.html" href="https://vietnamnews.vn/brand-info/793575/vinuniversity-inaugurates-its-first-academic-year.html" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">VinUniversity inaugurates its first academic year
Vietnamnet >> https://vietnamnet.vn/vn/giao-duc/qs-5-sao-be-phong-de-vinuni-chinh-phuc-giac-mo-dai-hoc-dang-cap-the-gioi-683168.html?fbclid=iwar2_drhxrd7xmly59wq29thkp8c4zsvvq4gqsvjncrkxbsogtovvzpy3x6u" href="https://vietnamnet.vn/vn/giao-duc/qs-5-sao-be-phong-de-vinuni-chinh-phuc-giac-mo-dai-hoc-dang-cap-the-gioi-683168.html?fbclid=IwAR2_DrhXRd7xMLY59WQ29tHkP8c4zSVVq4gqsvJnCrkXBSoGTOvVzpy3X6U" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">VinUniversity achieves QS 5-star rating standards
Cornell Chronicle >> https://news.cornell.edu/stories/2019/04/rohit-verma-named-provost-vietnams-vin-university" href="https://news.cornell.edu/stories/2019/04/rohit-verma-named-provost-vietnams-vin-university" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">VinUnversity's Founding Provost - Professor Rohit Verma
Cornell Daily Sun >> https://cornellsun.com/2018/03/16/cornell-to-help-establish-university-in-hanoi-in-collaboration-with-vietnamese-company/" href="https://cornellsun.com/2018/03/16/cornell-to-help-establish-university-in-hanoi-in-collaboration-with-vietnamese-company/" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">Cornell-Vingroup's collaboration
Vietnam Economic Times >> https://vneconomictimes.com/article/business/vingroup-partners-with-cornell-penn-universities" href="https://vneconomictimes.com/article/business/vingroup-partners-with-cornell-penn-universities" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">Cornell-UPenn-Vingroup's collaboration
Vietnam News >> https://vietnamnews.vn/brand-info/426643/vinuni-creates-breakthrough-in-higher-education-quality.html#ggs8jf0qfgdupsrc.97" href="https://vietnamnews.vn/brand-info/426643/vinuni-creates-breakthrough-in-higher-education-quality.html#GGS8jf0qFgDupSrC.97" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">VinUniversity creates breakthrough in Higher Education quality
Penn News >> https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-releases/2018/september/penn-extends-its-global-reach-to-improve-health-care-education-and-quality-of-care-in-southeast-asia" href="https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-releases/2018/september/penn-extends-its-global-reach-to-improve-health-care-education-and-quality-of-care-in-southeast-asia" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">UPenn extends its global reach to improve health care education in Southeast Asia
Philadelphia Business Journal >> https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2018/09/12/penn-medicine-vietnam-vinuni-vinmec-global-health.html" href="https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2018/09/12/penn-medicine-vietnam-vinuni-vinmec-global-health.html" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">Penn Medicine extends global reach to Vietnam
Forbes >> https://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphjennings/2020/01/17/vietnams-mega-conglomerate-starts-its-own-university-to-overcome-talent-shortage/#7957a61c1620" href="https://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphjennings/2020/01/17/vietnams-mega-conglomerate-starts-its-own-university-to-overcome-talent-shortage/#7957a61c1620" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener">Vietnam's Mega conglomerate starts its own university to overcome talent shortage
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam
- Business & Management Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam
- Business Administration Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam
- Professional Fields Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam
- Law & Legal Studies Post-Doc Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam