Institutional Advancement Communications Manager
The National WWII Museum is currently seeking an Institutional Advancement (IA) Communications Manager. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Advancement Services, the IA Communications Manager works with IA staff to produce high-quality proposals, reports, stewardship correspondence, and other written communications for major gift prospects and donors, including individuals, foundations, and corporations.
In addition to providing writing, editing, and communication strategy support for IA, the Manager will collaborate with other departments and contribute to Museum publications to ensure that fundraising priorities are communicated to various audiences. To do so effectively, the Manager is responsible for maintaining ongoing and in-depth knowledge of the substantive areas for which the Museum seeks external support.
Responsibilities include the following:
- As a member of the Advancement Services team, collaborate with IA staff to develop a comprehensive communication strategy for major gift prospects and donors, including creating and managing an IA communications calendar.
- Work closely with the Capital Projects and Education and Access program staff to learn about current projects and program initiatives, and develop descriptions for possible funding opportunities.
- Serve as the central hub for outgoing major gift fundraising communications to ensure coherence of messaging and standardization per style guides and branding.
- Draft proposals to foundations and corporations, and provide support to development staff by proof-reading and editing proposals.
- Collaborate with development staff, program staff, and Donor Relations team in drafting impact reports that articulate the significance of donors’ gifts.
- Draft personalized communications to donors on behalf of the President & CEO and senior staff.
- Working with the IA leadership team, serve as an adviser on communications strategies and needs within the department.
- Work with the Marketing team to communicate fundraising opportunities and recognize donor-funded projects through the Museum’s external publications, press releases, and website.
- Serve on the Grants and Sponsorships Work Team to discuss the status of ongoing work and proposals, prospective donor communications, and strategic direction of the Museum’s program priorities.
- Monitor and track all major donor and prospect communications in the organization’s database.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in English, Communications, Journalism, History, or related discipline and exceptional creative writing and communication skills. In addition, excellent organizational and project management skills are required.
- 3-5 years of writing experience in development, marketing, media, or communications settings; applicants must demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with different audiences through different media.
- Experience communicating organizational culture, mission, goals, and impact.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, online web applications, and social media applications; familiarity with CRM systems is required.
- Experience working in or with complex nonprofits.
The National WWII Museum offers a competitive wage and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401k and paid vacation and sick leave.
The National WWII Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
Interested candidates should apply online at https://www.nationalww2museum.org/employment or mail resumes to 945 Magazine St., New Orleans, LA 70130.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Development & Advancement Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New Orleans
- Editing & Publications Management Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in New Orleans