Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Roux Institute at Northeastern University in Portland, Maine is looking for a Designer to address our growing marketing needs. You'll use your in-depth knowledge of design principles to help shape a breadth of work encompassing digital, print, environmental, and experiential projects. To be successful in this role, you should have experience executing marketing projects from conception through production, including websites, online ad units, magazines, brochures, presentations, and other collateral.
Ultimately, you will be a key player in promoting our brand by delivering highly visible, quality pieces on tight deadlines. You will be interested in marketing trends, strategies, and best practices, be able to recognize your intended audiences and the best strategies for reaching that population. You will stay on top of what competitors are doing, and incorporate learnings from their campaigns into the Roux's approach.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Designer, Art Director, or similar role
- A portfolio showcasing exceptional creative work.
- Solid understanding of digital UX/UI design
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite—in particular Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign - and other design software
- Strong aesthetic skills with attention to detail
- A deep understanding of design principles. (typography, color, layout etc...)
- Ability to keep up with current trends in technology, design, and communication.
- Aptitude for developing simple solutions to complex issues
- Ability to collaborate with a team and juggle multiple projects
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Agency experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field preferred
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/504115