Professional Education Program Coordinator
The Professional Education team within Miami Online seeks a well-qualified, results-driven, professional Program Coordinator to undertake a variety of administrative and program-related tasks. The Program Coordinator will help in organizing and executing programs and activities related to professional education, as well as carrying out important operational duties. As online and innovative learning expands at Miami, this position will work with the Professional Education team within Miami Online. Reporting to the Director of Digital Learning, the person in this exciting role will interact with members of Miami Online team and coordinate various efforts among faculty & staff across Miami University. Further, this role will communicate with and support those seeking professional education opportunities, to include alumni, professionals and corporate partners.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Support the successful execution of programs within Professional Education; to include the research, design, development, and implementation of best practices in professional and adult education
- Organize and maintain various databases of programs, faculty, external partners, students; for record-keeping, program review, and to facilitate future growth and project development
- Collect feedback data from students and other program users to gauge satisfaction and success of individual programs and the expansion of Professional Education at Miami
- Organize and monitor the awarding of credentials
- Provide excellent customer relations, to include knowledge of programs, procedures and structures of support; assist with conflict resolution by attending promptly to constituent (internal and external) issues
- Serve as a liaison, attend meetings with faculty, staff, executives within the University, and employers/corporate partners; collaborate with offices/departments across campus as needed
- Organize, create and implement a purposeful communication flow with constituents of Professional Education, to include response to RFI forms, Faculty Interest forms, entity account email inquiries, registered student inquiries
- Support promotion of professional education programs - from various departments across campus, and outreach efforts to companies, organizations, University partners; aid and support the development of relationships with key contacts in a variety of businesses and organizations
- Other duties as assigned
Required: Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience, must be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative, organizational skills, with special attention to details and setting priorities, ability to effectively communicate and interact with others to accomplish goals, proficiency with Microsoft Suite (or similar), specifically Excel (or similar). This position is not eligible for H1B sponsorship.
Consideration may be given to candidates with the following:
- Master’s degree in business administration, education, communication or related field plus 5+ years related experience
- Knowledge of and experience in education (preferably professional education/development, continuing education, training, etc.)
- Experience building working relationships in various areas, including higher education, corporate settings
- Experience working with confidential information, CRM, registration software
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with online teaching and learning
Submit cover letter and curriculum vitae to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/497097?lApplicationSubSourceID=. Inquiries may be directed to Timothy Baltrip at firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening of applications will begin November 12, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.