Director of Admissions - Recruitment
The Director of Admissions-Recruitment provides leadership in
the development and implementation of the undergraduate recruitment
plan, oversees key recruitment strategies, and with the Director of
Admissions-Operations and Systems oversees the administration of
the Office of Admissions. The Director of
Admissions-Recruitment is responsible for targeted recruitment
initiatives, coordinating recruitment travel and events,
developing, supervising, and training an admissions staff of
assistant directors, coordinators, counselors, and professional
staff. The Director of Admissions-Recruitment manages
communication planning and oversees the client relationship
management strategies across multiple platforms including print,
digital, and social media campaigns and oversees the flow of
communications with targeted student populations. The
Director of Admissions-Recruitment assists in developing plans and
initiatives to recruit a diverse student
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to the successful accomplishment of the University’s enrollment objectives by developing and implementing a comprehensive student recruitment plan for undergraduate students which includes, but is not limited to the following components: development of an inquiry pool through the use of student search services, outreach (college fairs, high school and community college visits), high school and community college relations, use of the web and emerging technologies, campus visit programs, publications, and correspondence.
- Provides support for recruitment efforts by developing, supervising, and training an admissions staff of assistant directors, coordinators, counselors, professional staff, graduate assistants, and student workers; as well as supervises a regional admissions position located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.
- Contributes to the effective deployment of communication plans driven by vendor-related software such as a CRM system and serves as part of the team that assesses, maintains, and conducts an annual review of application and communication tools.
- Oversees key admissions projects including search portals, influencer affinity groups and the Admissions communication plan, as well as coordinating with other areas (e.g., New Student and Family Programs, Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services, and Financial Aid) in the dissemination of information to targeted new student populations.
- Provides support to the recruitment and enrollment plan by coordinating fall and spring travel, including managing registrations and payments, communications for college day/night programs, professional admission organization memberships, campus-based and regional events, and managing a school database for planning school visits.
- Co-Chairs the Admission Review Committee for the supplemental application process while maintaining open lines of communication with school counselors and the public on issues related to policies and procedures for admission to A&M-Commerce.
- Coordinates a school counselor advisory council, purposed to provide feedback on initiatives and strategies for the recruitment and enrollment of new students.
- Represents the Office of Admissions by serving on various University committees and participating in appropriate state and national professional organizations.
- Ensures the efficiency of admission practices by developing and maintaining procedure manuals for admission staff, coordinating informational updates with other administrative offices, and developing and managing enhanced admission and recruitment processes and services.
- Oversees recruitment territory management and yield activities by monitoring strategies and utilizing tools such as the student information system, Enrollment Information Services, and other resources to research, compile data, and produce reports on progress toward meeting enrollment goals.
- Manages departmental fiscal budget in compliance with higher education recruitment and admissions policies and practices, and applicable University, state and federal regulations.
- Leads promotion of academic and scholarship programs to prospective students, parents and high school and community college counselors for each University college (collaborates with department heads, key administrative staff and key faculty members) to assist with reaching prospective students.
- Determines solutions for undergraduate enrollment issues and maintains familiarity with Texas A&M University System, state and federal regulations and university procedures.
- Maintain familiarity with policy and procedures for awarding transfer credit to comply with regulations of Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
- Maintain familiarity with the process to evaluate documentation and advise students seeking credit for military technical and academic training in compliance with the American Council on Education (ACE) Guide and evaluate physical education credit award for active military training and foreign language schools in reference with the Defense Language Institute.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining inventory of articulation agreements with community colleges and works with academic college department heads to establish major and upper division course equivalencies and articulation of fields of study curriculum mandated by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
- Serves as university liaison with community college presidents and academic deans and peers and transfer center counselors.
- Provides input to the Vice President for Enrollment Management on analysis, support, and recommendations related to the Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) efforts of the University and implement targeted initiatives outlined in the strategic enrollment plan.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses and conferences, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Division of
Enrollment Management and the University by performing all other
duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Ten (10) years of related experience at a college or university in admissions with direct supervisor experience of professional staff is required. A proven track record for making data driven decisions to support achievement of enrollment goals is required. Budget, event planning, strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Effective interpersonal skills and a working knowledge of database systems such as Ellucian’s Banner, PeopleSoft, or some other type of database product utilized by institutions of higher learning is required.
- Ability to: Ability to travel. Ability to work beyond normal office hours and/or work on weekends. Ability to implement a recruitment plan and demonstrate commitment to diversity.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications:
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: Demonstrated ability in team building, leadership, supervision, management, selection, performance evaluation, conflict resolution, problem solving, within the context of a college or university admissions office is required. A demonstrated understanding of the importance of building and maintaining open communication with college partners, school counselors, and community college stakeholders is required. A working knowledge of marketing principles, best practices, and techniques relevant to student recruitment is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree. Experience related to the recruitment of high
achieving, historically underrepresented student populations from
diverse socioeconomic backgrounds is preferred. Experience
utilizing innovative technology such as a Customer Relationship
Management (CRM) solution is preferred.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Department professional and support staff.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus all employees are expected to facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. The University has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.