Associate/Full Professor and Chair - Department of English, Literature and Modern Languages
The Cedarville University Department of English, Literature, and Modern Languages invites applications for a tenure-track eligible Associate Professor or Full Professor faculty position. The successful candidate will also serve as the Chair of the Department of English, Literature, and Modern Languages for a twelve-month administrative appointment. This position reports to the Vice President for Academics. We place a high priority on integrity, collegiality, and rigor in the classroom.
The Department of English, Literature, and Modern Languages is home to the English program, the English education program (AYALA), the Linguistics program, the Spanish program, and the Spanish education program (MASPAN). In addition to these five programs, the department also houses multiple minors including German, French and various World Studies minors. The Spanish program offers the opportunity for students to study abroad in Valencia, Spain. This experience is supervised by a Cedarville Professor who lives on site. The ideal candidate for Department Chair will have a vision for language learning and travel studies.
In addition to the duties of Department Chair, the candidate will teach, according to his or her expertise, literature, linguistics, creative writing, composition and rhetoric, or modern language courses. Expectations also include academic advising, professional development, scholarly activity in the field, university service, and a formal paper on the Biblical integration of faith, learning, and teaching. The Department Chair will promote cooperation, collegiality, and unity in accordance with biblical values toward all colleagues, students, and constituents. The Chair will also provide leadership in the development, fulfillment, and assessment of the department’s mission, objectives, and strategic plan while equipping the Department of English, Literature and Modern Languages with tools, training, and funding necessary to fulfill on the educational promise made to our students.
This position is subject to the University's verification of credentials along with other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position is pending budget approval.
- Ph.D. in English, English Literature, Composition and Rhetoric, Linguistics or a Modern Language or related field
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Ten years of relevant professional experience, including at least five years of relevant experience in higher education
- Documented record of teaching excellence and academic achievement
- Strong planning, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to relate effectively to internal and external constituencies
- Record of effective leadership in faculty, student, and program development
- Commitment to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Qualified applicant must be a born-again Christian with a personal commitment to Jesus Christ
- Qualified applicant must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's Doctrinal Statement, Community Covenant, and General Work Place Standards
All official inquiries should be directed to Jennifer Cochran (email@example.com), Director of Academic Human Resource Services.
Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedarville
- Humanities Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedarville
- English & Literature Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedarville
- Foreign Languages & Literatures Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedarville