Associate/Full Professor and Dean - School of Pharmacy
The Cedarville University School of Pharmacy (CUSOP) invites applications for a tenure-track eligible Associate Professor or Full Professor of Pharmacy Practice or Pharmaceutical Sciences. The successful candidate will also serve as the Dean of the School of Pharmacy for a twelve-month administrative appointment. The Dean will serve as the chief administrative and academic officer for the School of Pharmacy and report to the Vice President for Academics. We place a high priority on integrity, collegiality, and rigor in the classroom.
Founded in 2007, the School of Pharmacy equips student pharmacists to assess and meet the comprehensive health needs of diverse populations through patient-centered care, servant leadership, ethical decision making, interprofessional collaboration, scholarly innovation, and continued personal and professional development. The curriculum at the CUSOP is academically rigorous with a focus on innovation, fostering student personal and professional growth, and commitment to spiritual engagement.
Internal Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing and leading strategic planning in relation to the University strategic plan, ACPE standards, and the school mission.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements at the state and federal level, including accrediting bodies.
- Collaborates with University leadership to support institutional goals relating to academic excellence, student achievement, optimal enrollment, and financial stability for the CUSOP.
- Supervises the preparation and administration of budgets for academic programs and administrative functions in the school, aligning budget requests with University goals and with the CUSOP goals of global service and innovation.
- Ensures the CUSOP administrators and faculty are effectively represented in the governance of the university, in accordance with its policies and procedures.
- Involvement and oversight of the Center for Pharmacy Innovation and CedarCare LLC
External Responsibilities include:
- Advances the reputation of the school by building community relationships and initiating outreach efforts, including active engagement of alumni, advisory boards, and other professional networks.
- Maintains an effective presence within state and national organizations and promotes a culture of professional scholarship within the CUSOP.
- Identifies and pursues external funding opportunities and grant initiatives to promote school and institutional goals in consultation with faculty and institutional leadership.
The Dean will promote cooperation, collegiality, and unity in accordance with biblical values toward all colleagues, students, and constituents. The Dean will also provide leadership in the development, fulfillment, and assessment of the mission, objectives, and strategic plan of the School of Pharmacy while equipping the school with tools, training, and funding necessary to fulfill the educational promise made to our students.
This position is subject to the University's verification of credentials along with other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position is pending budget approval.
- Earned Doctorate in Pharmacy (PharmD) or PhD in Pharmaceutical or Administrative Science, Pharmacology, Medicinal Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in academia and a record of progressively responsible administrative appointments (e.g. dean, program director, department chair).
- Demonstrated experience and achievements in teaching, research and professional service appropriate to the rank of professor in a School of Pharmacy.
- A documented record of success in collaborating with interdisciplinary and cross-functional teams to promote innovation and sustainable institutional change in a complex organizational setting.
- A documented record of success as an academic administrator in an ACPE-accredited PharmD or related healthcare academic program.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of accreditation standards and reporting processes.
- Strong planning, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to relate effectively to internal and external constituencies
- Record of effective leadership in faculty, student, and program development
- Commitment to innovation
- Commitment to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Qualified applicant must be a born-again Christian with a personal commitment to Jesus Christ
- Qualified applicant must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's Doctrinal Statement, Community Covenant, and General Work Place Standards
All official inquiries should be directed to Jennifer Cochran (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Academic Human Resource Services.
Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedarville
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedarville
- Pharmacology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedarville
- Administrative Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedarville
- Deans Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Cedarville