Student Success Coach I
The Student Success Coach I is expected to develop supportive relationships with students and aid them in achieving their educational goals by teaching them the skills needed to make informed decisions.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Create supportive relationships with students and develop those
relationships throughout the students’ affiliation
with the college.
- Assist students in establishing an academic plan and setting educational goals for success.
- Serve as primary student retention and outreach point of contact.
- Provide time-based interventions and coaching to students.
- Support students in addressing problems and connect them with appropriate support services.
- Teach students how to navigate campus and community resources, both on-campus and online.
- Engage and support students outside of appointment times via email, phone or other college-approved mediums..
- Educate students about the college curriculum and the relationship between degrees and careers.
- Empower students to develop their own class schedules and manage course additions and withdrawals.
- Mentor students on academic probation or suspension and provide guidance in developing a success plan.
- Guide students’ understanding of external course transferability and articulation to other schools.
- Maintain contact and consultation with deans and faculty regarding any issues related to curriculum.
- Serve on any relevant committees or special projects as approved by the Director – Student Success.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One year of work experience in education.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population.
- Ability to collaborate with appropriate stakeholders and solve problems.
- Detail orientation, strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking capabilities, and good time management skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer programs and Microsoft Office.
Must have the ability to work until 6pm at least one night a week; evening and weekend hours are common during peak times of the year. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen. Starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience and will be no less than $44,702 per year with an excellent benefit package. The full position description, qualifications and application can be accessed at www.llcc.edu/hr. Interested applicants should apply online no later than November 15, 2020.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Springfield
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Springfield
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Springfield
- Counseling Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Springfield