Instructor - Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
The Department of Anesthesiology
The Department of Anesthesiology at Baylor College of Medicine is focused on patient care and research in all aspects of the specialty including critical care, postoperative cognitive dysfunction, simulator-based anesthesiology education, obstetric anesthesia and pain management.
The Department of Anesthesiology seeks to excel as providers of effective, efficient and ethical anesthesia care for patients at any Baylor-affiliated institution; as providers of educational opportunities for medical students, graduate students, and post-graduate specialty trainees, advanced practice providers, continuing medical education participants, and undergraduates; and as researchers in the basic sciences, clinical milieu, or outcome epidemiology related to anesthesiology practices.
Schedule: Primary schedule is Monday-Friday 0630-1700, some weekends.
Call requirements: 0-2 month on average, always a day off after call. Additional coverage opportunities available.
Work Location: Texas Medical Center, Ben Taub Hospital, Houston, TX
Be a part of something greater! Join our collaborative and dynamic environment and advance your clinical skills as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), participating in challenging and complex cases while serving the larger Houston community. Our CRNAs at Ben Taub Hospital provide services on approximately 8,000 cases annually, including trauma, high risk obstetrics, gynecology, cardiovascular, and general surgery. Plus, as a faculty member you'll have the opportunity to teach and mentor through our education programs.
Baylor College of Medicine Offers:
- A highly competitive pay scale
- Flexible scheduling opportunities; multiple work locations may be possible
- Work/Life Balance: 22 days of vacation, 11 paid holidays and education time
- CME dollars
- Great benefits package including: Health, Dental; Retirement Savings Programs (8% contribution to 401(a)), and more;
- To learn more about our benefits, please visit bcm.edu/careers/benefits
New graduates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Located in the heart of the Texas Medical Center, Ben Taub Hospital has garnered respect both locally and worldwide as an outstanding acute care facility and an elite Level I trauma center. This 444 licensed-bed hospital houses the Ginni and Richard Mithoff Trauma Center, which cares for more than 80,000 emergency patients each year and is known to save the lives of some of the most critically injured.
Provides specialized nursing service in administering anesthesia to surgical patients and to provide high-quality, evidence-based anesthesia and pain care services at all acuity levels, for all patients, and for a number of different reasons in a variety of settings.
- Administers all forms of anesthesia including inhaled, intravenous, neuraxial, and regional, for surgical or medical procedures.
- Assesses and evaluates patients prior to the administration of anesthesia in order to formulate anesthetic plan.
- Inserts and uses invasive and noninvasive monitors, as indicated.
- Responds to emergency/code situations in order to provide airway management.
- Documents anesthetic information and patient condition.
- May supervise or provide direction to student registered nurse anesthetists.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master’s degree in in Nursing.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) from the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN). Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.