Ultrasound Technologist I
This position as PRN- Ultrasound Technologist I, will specifically function as back up, in case of need, to cover the Echo lab as Echo Cardiac sonographer (in the absence of full time employee) for Baylor Heart Clinic, operating with Echo-imaging equipment (GE,Philips), and monitors examination by viewing images to evaluate the quality and consistency of diagnostic heart images and provide patient safety and comfort. Providing high-quality images and assists physicians in performing Echo Stress tests by performing a preliminary scan.
- Performs Transthoracic Echo and Stress Echo, operating on Echo Ultrasound-Imaging Equipment (GE/Philips)
- Records and Stores the images in Digisonics. - Familiarity with EPIC.
- Confirms with reading physician if any concerns about a patients' status/dianostic prior to patients' departure.
- Confirms the schedule in advance to ensure orders are in the patients chart prior to their arrival.
- Ensures that studies are all read in a timely manner, and testing is finalized under the correct exam/order and is billed properly.
- Maintains clear communication with customers regarding mutual expectations. Takes personal responsibility and accountability for correcting customer-service problems.
- Handles/works with bio-hazards or risks for potential job-related injury, such as needles, bio-hazardous substances, bodily fluids, caustic materials, and corrosive and carcinogenic chemicals.
- Education Required: High school diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: One year of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Registration as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). New employees who are not currently registered, must register within six months of employment.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.