Manager, HVAC, Buildings & Grounds
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Kingwood
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Kingwood, an innovative and dynamic community college located in the pine-forested suburbs of northeast Houston, has an opening for someone interested in working with a diverse group of colleagues who want to make a difference in the lives of students and grow professionally. Kingwood focuses on fulfilling individual dreams and enhancing community life and offers unique programs in respiratory care, computer gaming and dental hygiene.
Campus address is 20000 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, TX 77339.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Manager of HVAC, Buildings and Grounds operates building automation systems and manages campus air conditioning. This position works with contractors and oversees the air conditioning on remodels and new buildings. The Manager fills a leadership role in the maintenance department, directing and coordinating department activities. They create and implement processes to ensure effective operations of departments, reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with others to obtain data required for planning department activities. P rovides operational leadership, resolves problems, prepares schedules and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work and coordinates with other departments to ensure operational effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of BAS system for HVAC, and Card Access systems
- Ability to set priorities and procedures
- Skills in problem solving
- High degree of judgment
- Understanding of all policies and procedures
- Ability to work in dynamic climate
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to promote diversity and maintain positive attitude in demanding work environment
PHYSICAL ABILITIES :
- Ability to operate power tools and equipment associated with HVAC and buildings and grounds work
- Ability to move about on foot, both indoors and at outdoor locations (including construction sites)
- Ability to stand for up to 2 hours at a time
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Work may be performed outdoors with exposure to normal atmospheric conditions, and/or indoors in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- M ay be required to work on-call after regular business hours and/or weekends
- Bachelor's degree and a t least 5 years of related work experience, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role, or a n equivalent combination of education and experience
- Specialization in field
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Hiring salary range is $60,590 - $69,679
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kingwood