Sr. Associate Director Annual Giving Data Analytics
Job Title: Senior Associate Director of Data Analytics & Giving Technology
Senior Associate Director of Data Analytics at Johns Hopkins
University reports to the Director
of Strategic & Divisional Priorities in the Office of Annual Giving (OAG), and is responsible for
leading the strategy and execution of data management and reporting for the central OAG at Johns
Sr. Associate Director manages a team of two, and is a member of
the Strategic and Divisional
Priorities team within OAG. The Sr. Associate Director will be an effective manager and leader and
will exhibit excellent quantitative and analytical capabilities, strong understanding of new and
emerging fundraising and quantitative modeling techniques and technologies, have a background in
database and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and project management, and the
ability to convert complex data into engaging, informative management reports.
Office of Annual Giving is a growing team that currently consists
of 8 colleagues who provide
annual giving services to the nine schools of the university, various departments of Johns Hopkins
Medicine, and several centers and institutes, totaling over 25 partners. These annual giving
services include developing comprehensive and integrated solicitation strategies that are optimal
for each development unit and are data-driven. Like all offices and units in Development and Alumni
Relations (DAR), OAG is committed to a donor-directed philanthropy philosophy.
• Using the institutions’ donor database, ALADIN, and other data software including but not
limited to: Tableau and Reeher, establish annual metrics, reports, and dashboards for the
development units, including the Homewood Undergraduate Program. The Sr. Associate Director will
provide oversight of the Data Analysis team ensuring that unit data requests are created and
implemented in alignment of unit needs and goals.
• In close partnership with the Director of Strategic & Divisional Priorities, the Head of
Annual Giving, and the Office of Advancement Systems, manage and make recommendations regarding the
Johns Hopkins annual giving technological ecosystem related to payment technology, mobile
technology, and fundraising technology.
• Provide strategic analysis of revenue and donor acquisition to assist with the creation and/or
usage of a solicitation module, annual giving predictive models, dashboards, and trend analysis for
• Provide strategic guidance on maximizing revenue for the flagship undergraduate annual fund,
The Hopkins Fund, to optimize the level of undergraduate participation necessary for the University
to elevate its US News and World Report (USNWR) ranking.
• Calculate, track, and report data to benchmarking studies including the Voluntary Support of
Education (VSE), Blackbaud Target Analytics Undergraduate Giving Benchmarking report, and USWNR.
Create and maintain standard operating procedures for a two-team validation process, including the
Office of Advancement Services (OAS), and an archiving system of benchmarking data.
• Form and maintain a strategic relationship with the OAS data, gift processing, research, and
technical teams to troubleshoot shared data-issues that may arise in OAG or in one of the
development offices supported by OAG; be the primary OAS contact within OAG.
• Create and update annual giving dashboards for development offices, providing details on
te, ROI, and spatial trends. Train development office staff on
how to use the dashboards, gaining feedback on improvements.
Working closely with OAG colleagues, provide development units on:
annual giving strategies
focused on data-driven approaches, domestic and international regulations regarding mass
solicitations, and giving day/reunion best practices.
• Research new technologies to increase donor activity via mobile payment platforms and software
advances. Network with peer institutions and OAS to understand the impact of these technologies, as
well as the barriers to implementation at Johns Hopkins. Provide the research findings to the
• Work closely with the Office of Medical Annual Giving (OMAG) data team to share business rules
and best practices regarding data for solicitations to provide the donors with a seamless
experience when contacted by both OAG and OMAG.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Strategic & Divisional Priorities.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. At least five years of progressive
experience in data analytics and data operations and at least two years of management experience.
Comfortable working in a complex, multi-divisional, fast-moving,
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to influence and drive consensus. Demonstrated
success in project management while overseeing multiple priorities.
• Ability to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve goals.
• Ability to organize and interpret complex data sets and utilize analytic techniques and
platforms. Demonstrated ability to influence and drive consensus.
Ability to identify multi-variables needed to optimize engagement and predictive indices. Extensive
experience in working strategically with data quality vendors.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation capabilities.
Experience presetting data to leadership team for decision-making purposes.
Strong desire to succeed and excellent work ethic.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, including experience with Power Query, Advanced Charting, VBA &
Macros, Pivot Tables & Reporting, Simulations, and more.
• Knowledge of SQL and Power BI.
• Experience in using data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau or similar).
• Experience with an analytics tool such as Salesforce Einstein or Qlik Sense.
• Knowledge of new giving technologies such as Give Campus, Venmo, ApplePay, social media, etc.
In order for Development and Alumni Relations to achieve excellence and an inclusive work
environment, while advancing Johns Hopkins’ fundraising and alumni relations, we must value,
respect, welcome, and recognize each individual’s uniqueness.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore