Assistant Director of Nursing
About Roxbury Community College:
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, two-year College serving a diverse community, including peoples of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) is responsible for assisting the Director of Nursing in the management and delivery of the Registered Nurse associate degree program. The ADON participates with management of day-to-day tasks and curriculum development. The ADON is responsible for clinical site agreements and for tracking. The ADON is responsible for documenting all aspects of the Systematic Evaluation Plan (SEP). The ADON will participate with advisory board collaboration; program accreditations and innovative delivery of instruction. The ADON will assist the Director in assuring all programs meet state and national requirements. ADON will be responsible for reviewing and resolving student issues and grievances using approved BORN regulations and RCC policies. The ADON will establish, coordinate and maintain student representatives and student governance as it relates to the nursing program. ADON will participate in nursing and college governance.
Supervision Received: The ADON reports to the Director of Nursing
Supervision Exercised: N/A
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documents, organizes, and records activities of faculty and staff for all levels of Nursing education.
- Participate in the development, review and revision of nursing curricula to ensure quality and relevancy in collaboration with the faculty and advisory board.
- Establishes and maintains high quality clinical sites and appropriate site agreements.
- Assists with recruitment of faculty, professional and support staff.
- Encourages the use of multiple modes of delivery including blended, hybrid and other online options, as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Office of Admissions and Office of the Registrar to ensure student application and selection processes are conducted according to compliance standards.
- Documents and assists the Director of Nursing with implements the effective assessment of student learning at the course, program and college levels.
- Participates with annual program review.
- Assists in providing professional development opportunities for faculty and staff in the department.
- Maintains systematic flow of information through regularly scheduled department and program meetings.
- Participates in the development of clinical schedules and associated clinical faculty load
- Maintains multi-disciplinary partnerships with external professional entities, including stakeholders, clinical site providers and employers, to support the program advisory board.
- Works effectively as a team member with other college departments.
- Represents Roxbury Community College and Nursing education in the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participates in the shared governance process.
(All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States.)
- Master of Science in Nursing degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the US.
- Current, valid and unencumbered RN licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Three years teaching in an accredited community college, or other accredited higher education institution.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards, and ability to lead the re-accreditation process.
- Experience in urban multicultural higher education, laboratory and clinical settings.
- Familiarity with multiple education modalities including simulation and online learning.
- Superior interpersonal skills. A highly effective listener and communicator with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A seasoned manager, diplomat and leader with strong organizational and team-building skills and the ability to inspire faculty with diverse interests.
- Evening and weekend availability.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and ability to learn new software requirements.
- Normal office physical demands.
- Ability to travel between campus locations and community events.
- Ability to travel in state and nationally.
- Higher education environment.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery .
Annualized Salary Rate:
Starting salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. The position includes a broad benefits package.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Applicants MUST Submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 References