Vice President, Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Job Summary: This executive leader provides expertise and innovation to guide the College's strategic direction related to student enrollment, retention and academic support areas of the College for traditional and non-tradtional students. This position implements all facets of the College's strategic enrollment management plan, and will work collaboratively with the President's Cabinet and other stakeholders to align the various elements of the plan in accordance with the College strategic plan.
This position will be remote through May 2021. The position will report to physical campus location upon determination of physical campus opening. This is subject to change.
Master's Degree and 10 years experience, including 6 years supervisory/management experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Licensing Requirements: N/A
Hiring Range: $104,049-$130,061
Job Specific Task List:
- 1. Provides expertise, innovation, and leadership to all constituencies of HACC and promotes a diverse and inclusive culture for students and employees in support of the College mission and values; assumes leadership and responsibility for establishing an environment which promotes respect for students, faculty, and staff and recognizes initiative and excellence.
- 2. Participates as a member of the President's Cabinet; carries out special assignments designated by the President; serves as a forum and catalyst for new and ongoing programs and initiatives throughout the College, our campuses, and our disciplines; reports and advises the President's Cabinet and the College at large regarding issues of enrollment management and student support; analyzes and evaluates enrollment and retention data; projects student enrollment and retention data to be used in strategic decision making; and makes recommendations for enhancements to the enrollment management plan.
- 3. Develops broad-based partnerships throughout the college and HACC's service region with a clear focus on successful student outcomes including enrollment, program selection, retention, graduation, placement, and transfer success; directs and guides the Office of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, related programs, training, and committees.
- 4. Provides comprehensive, robust enrollment and retention programs for a diverse population of traditional age and adult students through new student orientation, advising, registration and records, financial aid, student advocacy, career development, transfer services, coordinated support, student affairs assessment, and various academic and social support services; ensures accessible student success programs and networks are in place to meet the complex personal, academic, and learning support needs of all students; manages the flow of communication with students and ensures students are aware of the services and assistance available.
- 5. Ensures student affairs operations reflect the high quality education and services provided by HACC and are carried out efficiently and effectively; provides operational, programmatic, and supervisory oversight for multiple units and the staff of those units; supports ongoing skill and professional development for all staff of the units; evaluates assigned staff consistent with College policies and procedures and makes recommendations concerning personnel matters such as adequate staffing, appointments, and re-appointments; ensures effective two-way channel of communication between the administration and staff.
- 6. Recommends, develops and implements student services policies, procedures, and practices which foster and promote student learning and student success, and which support the educational programs of the College; recommends organizational structures, personnel and resources to ensure a student-centered environment at all levels; interprets and implements policies and procedures for students and staff.
- 7. Oversees safety and security operations of the College; contributes to a safe educational and working environment by participating in drills and training and being prepared to take action should a health or safety emergency occur.
- 8. Supports College activities and special events through attendance and/or participation; travel to all campuses and to the external College community is required; presentations and public speaking required; serves as an active and positive representative of the College.
- 9. Participates in and supervises the preparation and recommendation of detailed budgets for the division; establishes and maintains budgetary control; prepares, monitors, and analyzes budgets for the division.
- 10. Serves as a member of the President's Cabinet. - (Essential)
- 11. Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Oct 30, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Nov 22, 2020 Eastern Standard Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisburg